Moyes hopeful Manny fit for Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
David Moyes hopes to have Manuel Fernandes available for Everton's Easter double header.

The Portuguese returned from international duty with his country's under 21s carrying a slight thigh strain and was not risked by Moyes for Monday's draw with Aston Villa.

However, the Blues boss is hopeful of having the midfield man back when Fulham visit Goodison on Friday.

"He came back from Portugal with a thigh strain," Moyes told evertonTV. "It's not severe but it was enough not to make him available (for Villa).

"As well as that, we have games on Friday and Monday and I want him for those games and I have to try and get him fit for them - so we decided we couldn't take the risk at all."

Fernandes has become a firm favourite with fans after establishing himself in the middle of Everton's midfield.

He netted his first goal for the Blues at Watford and earned praise for his display in the 1-0 win over Arsenal.

Fingers crossed*

We missed him badly v villa :sad:

During the 2nd half at Villa, I kept thinking that if Fernendes were on the field, we'd be holding onto the ball a lot more, blunting Villa's thrust. I do think he was the missing piece.

Right on CT that is exactly what I was saying in my post on the Villa game.

Sign the guy please.

God that would be awesome. A true statement of intent by the board and Moyes to the fans and the team.
If the rumours are true about Mikel getting tapped up and on the verge of upping sticks I'd like to think Moyes signing MF would convince him to stay. The pair play so well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back