Moyes Loving Life At Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
efc__1157891390_moyes-350.jpg
As the fifth anniversary of David Moyes' Goodison tenure approaches later this month, the man at the Everton helm insists he has no intention of going anywhere.

And that is despite having apparently been offered the opportunity to move elsewhere during his half a decade with the Blues.

Moyes said: "I've had chances to leave but I've not been tempted because I feel Everton are one of the biggest clubs in England. Why should I want to leave? There are very few clubs I feel that I'd go for."

The Goodison boss has taken charge of 219 competitive games at Everton, winning 84 of those matches and drawing 83.

No silverware has been forthcoming during Moyes' reign but he has improved Everton's league form and built a young squad brimming with potential.

He led the Club to the brink of UEFA Cup qualification in his first full season, only to have it snatched away by a final day defeat to Manchester United, as well as securing a fourth place finish in 2005 to book a qualifying place in the Champions League.

With just nine games remaining of the current campaign Moyes has once again guided Everton to the brink of European qualification, with the Club currently sixth in the Premiership table.

Hmm, If he doesnt get us into Europe maybe times up?

im unsure, europe outright or toto is a clear possibility, i really want to see who he ships out and in this summer, if he can match last summers wonders then it will be further strides forward again next year.

i accept the dismal showing we have endured in cups, but temper that with league position, toon away, blackburn away, fulham away, charlton away in the league this season, robbery everytime we would be pushing third or fourth if those results had gone our way, and consider the circumstances for how they didnt.

There were always those other games which fortunately went our way to balance things up. But summer comings and goings will be a real test of the Board's ambition.

i dont remember any games that fortunatley went our way, i remember reading offside, and chelsea thunderbolts from lampard and drogba, i remember city equalising in the last second, and jenas in the last second winning it for spurs.

i cant remember much of the balance to be honest, although it was nice of the referees association to go through a video moyes made of 10 incidents of refereeing incompetence, that was a result that didnt make much difference. although wenger has put a compilation of his team being 'victimised'.

long spells out for valente, cahill, arteta, hibbert and a short time without johnson havnt helped matters.

summer comings and goings will be a real test of the Board's ambition.

This sums it up for me. Im happy with Moyes and the job he has done (until we go [Poor language removed] again) and if ever there has been a pivotal moment in his time with us its now. Euro qualification and sound investment in new classy players in the summer will put us in a position we have enjoyed for a long time.

All these posts have echoes of last term. I have already said that for DM to get the push he'd have to be bonking Bills girlfriend on a match day with the crowd looking on. For DM to depart GP he would have to be tempted away to a place where money was no object, all those clubs, with the exception of the Barcodes, have safe incumbents:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back