Moyes on 5 Live at 8.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenals' turnover is way more than ours. Which means they're buying and selling at a different level in the market. It's not an apples and oranges argument, although that does suggest Wenger is a lot more skilled than just about anyone in the PL at this stuff.

Having said that, they haven't won much lately have they?

Arsenal can attract top players because they want to come to them and as another person said their turnover is so much more then ours AND wenger inherited a much better squad, really no comparison....

Arsenals' turnover is way more than ours. Which means they're buying and selling at a different level in the market. It's not an apples and oranges argument, although that does suggest Wenger is a lot more skilled than just about anyone in the PL at this stuff.

Having said that, they haven't won much lately have they?

Funnily enough i actually hate net spend being used as an argument to prove how good a manager is, which is precisely why i referred to Wenger. Anybody can see that despite having a relatively low net spend he's also been able to bring in young talent we would never attract, thus making it a stupid comparison.

Funnily enough i actually hate net spend being used as an argument to prove how good a manager is, which is precisely why i referred to Wenger. Anybody can see that despite having a relatively low net spend he's also been able to bring in young talent we would never attract, thus making it a stupid comparison.

Which is why I used City.

A Club that before "the takeover" where a team on a similar footing to Everton.

Did anyone hear Davey say that he has a few players he wants to sign . Was shocked must have money

Seen and been told that he as, not sure how much though?!. Did he say somehting along the lines of "I've got a certain (playing style) in my mind if I get a couple of players I'm looking at"?.

Well lets hope he can get in the players he's after and we can see more of the same of which was ditched out towards the end of the season next season cos we played some cracking stuff at times!.

Did anyone hear Davey say that he has a few players he wants to sign . Was shocked must have money

We will have money mate.

846438-14390788-640-360.jpg

In the past decade Wenger has spent £5m total more than Everton have under Moyes.

1 league title
2 FA Cups
Regular Champions League

Context.

He's also sold Anelka, Vieira, Cole, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Adebayor, Toure, Clichy, Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin. If you'd be prepared to sell Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic and risk trying to replace them with cheaper alternatives it's the way to go.

By the way:

Last Premier League title was 2003-4
Last FA Cup was 2005.
Last League Cup was 1993.
Last European Trophy was 1993-4.

He's also sold Anelka, Vieira, Cole, Overmars, Petit, Pires, Adebayor, Toure, Clichy, Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin. If you'd be prepared to sell Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic and risk trying to replace them with cheaper alternatives it's the way to go.

By the way:

Last Premier League title was 2003-4
Last FA Cup was 2005.
Last League Cup was 1993.
Last European Trophy was 1993-4.

*sigh*

The fact that Net Spend is no way to measure a manager's worth was precisely my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back