Moyes on Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moyes-on-gardner.html

David Moyes has revealed he made a transfer deadline day swoop for Anthony Gardner in order to plug the gap left by Alan Stubbs.
The 36-year-old Everton veteran completed a deadline-beating move to Derby on Thursday afternoon, just 24 hours after an initial enquiry by Rams boss Paul Jewell.
It meant Moyes had to act quickly in order to secure the services of a central defender capable of restoring Everton's complement.
The 27-year-old England international has made the switch from Tottenham Hotspur on loan until the end of the season and the Goodison chief is happy with the signing.
He told evertonfc.com: "It was not something we had planned. I spoke to Paul Jewell about Stubbsy on Wednesday afternoon – I spoke to Alan and he wanted to speak to them.
"He wants to play Stubbsy and that is great because he is 36 and sometimes you feel like hanging up your boots but not Stubbsy.
"I am disappointed to lose him but I think the form of Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott and Joseph Yobo has limited his opportunities so what it meant is that is left us a little bit short.
"I felt we had to go try and get some cover in so went and did some last minute shopping.
"We have a busy period coming towards the end of the season and we might need to use him. I could not take the chance of only having three centre-halves at the Club in case we had an injury or suspension. Hopefully he will be fit in the next couple of weeks."

I'm sure Stubbs will be back to do some form of coaching when his football career is over. Blue blood through and through

Basically the story I was told, good luck Alan my old mucker, I think you may need it pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back