• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wat Tyler
Lads. You do know Bill has asked Moyes don't you? You know we are all going to be dissappointed and end up with Malky Mackay, don't you?

Moyes's advice should now be deemed the advice of a foe. This guy will not want someone at the helm who is
capable of outshining him. He is no longer to be trusted.

i agree

Roberto Martinez, the guy gets the best out of average Championship players week in week out....

Moyes was at Preston...

Did he walk straight into a club vying for European football and top six finishes?

He was brought into a club vying for releagtion every season, a club that desperately needed change, a club that needed rebuilding from the core and stabilizing.

He's done that for us, we're now an established top end Premier League club challenging for European football regularly, we now need a manager with the same experience as Moyes, who can come in and maintain his hard work, if not better it.

For a club now in our position to be bringing in unexpereinced and tested managers of the highest level would be a massive gamble. I don't want all the hard work Moyes has done over the last 11 years to go down the ****ter.

Last edited:
Did he walk straight into a club vying for European football and top six finishes?

He was brought into a club vying for releagtion every season, a club that desperately needed change, a club that needed rebuilding from the core and stabilizing.

He's done that for us, we're now an established top end Premier League club challenging for Europe regularly, we now need a manager with the same experience as Moyes, who can come in and maintain his hard work, if not better it.

For a club now in our position to be bringing in unexpereinced and tested managers of the highest level would be a massive gamble. I don't want all the hard work Moyes has done over the last 11 years to go down the ****ter.

A point i have tryin to make very well said runlikehell

He's done that for us, we're now an established top end Premier League club challenging for Europe regularly, we now need a manager with the same experience as Moyes, who can come in and maintain his hard work, if not better it.

Everyone we've been linked with sounds like a massive gamble. No stand outs.

I wouldn't rule out Mackay.

Stones didn't cost £3m. They'll only get that much if he makes about six thousand appearances for us.

I haven't paid much attention to the Championship this year. I'd presumed that Bellamy and Miller had dragged them up or that their new owners had spent their way into the Premier League but it seems like they've done it the hard way. His team doesn't look all that on paper, so he must have something about him. I remember a Football Focus ages ago where he was quite impressive and seemed destined to rise through the ranks. It is perhaps too much of a big job for him at the moment though.

yes and does be fighting relegation season after season

Correct, although look at the teams that have gone down in years that Wigan have stayed up....Newcastle, Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham etc....He does it by beating bigger teams in the final stretch - something tells me the man knows his tactics and attacking football and with decent quality that we have in our squad it could work

I suppose the thing is that we don't need a massive overhaul, just subtle tweaks. A young manager, keen to prove himself and make his mark might want to start again. Whereas someone with more maturity might only make the necessary changes.

Correct, although look at the teams that have gone down in years that Wigan have stayed up....Newcastle, Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham etc....He does it by beating bigger teams in the final stretch - something tells me the man knows his tactics and attacking football and with decent quality that we have in our squad it could work

But been at everton and beating teams in the final stretch is no use to us when we want to finish as high as possible and get into europe yes i would take him as a last resort but if wigan get relegated i wouldn be trying to hire a man that just got relegated and plus pay compensation

He's done that for us, we're now an established top end Premier League club challenging for European football regularly, we now need a manager with the same experience as Moyes, who can come in and maintain his hard work, if not better it.

To be fair whoever comes in is going to be a gamble. Im not saying im advocating giving the job to Mackay but at the same time there are no guarantees who comes in will get it right. the only thing with Mackay i guess is continuity in much the same way Man United went for Moyes after Ferguson but on a smaller scale.

The more i think about it the more i am convincing myself this is the way the board will go......

But been at everton and beating teams in the final stretch is no use to us when we want to finish as high as possible and get into europe yes i would take him as a last resort but if wigan get relegated i wouldn be trying to hire a man that just got relegated and plus pay compensation

Mate, compared to some of the names i've read on here in the past few days i'd rather have him than your ****ing Kenny Jacketts and Gary Megsons

Well said it's a pity more people aren't thinking like you, there is no way we should be settling for a Championship manager or premier league also ran for that matter! We might not be challenging for the title but that doesn't mean we should be happy with second best

We are already right in the middle of a generation shift. A change is a matter of necessity. I am not convinced
by those who claim that Moyes has left behind a solid foundation. Our current squad is a melange of those who
wish to win silverware elsewhere, aging players, and those who are yet to fully convince one of their worth.

Aging players: Howard (crap goalie), Hibbert, Distin, Osman (should be released), Pienaar (no longer good enough)
Leavers: Heitinga, Fellaini, Baines, Mucha, Naismith
Uncertain or no future at the club: all of the above plus Gibson (overrated), Anichebe, and Jelavic
Inside the Arc: Mirallas, Jagielka, Coleman, Oviedo, Barkley

Continuity is not what we need; we need a new beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back