Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever gets the job, I want them to appreciate how lucky they are. I don't want them to see it as a stepping stone. I want him to be genuinely humbled to have been given the opportunity to manage this great club.

Personally I'd like to see someone come in with a more European ideology. I'm sick of hoofball and 4-5-1.

This 100% also someone who can garner consistency from his players for a full season/full match. All is not well at L4 and we need change. More than anything [Poor language removed] that 4-5-1 abomination of a formation off it's produced some of the worst football I've ever witnessed, with the odd fluid game occasionally.

This 100% also someone who can garner consistency from his players for a full season/full match. All is not well at L4 and we need change. More than anything [Poor language removed] that 4-5-1 abomination of a formation off it's produced some of the worst football I've ever witnessed, with the odd fluid game occasionally.

I honestly dont think its the formation but the way we use it

Big target man up top, Long diagonal balls over the top to said player with runners looking to feed off the knock downs/ons

Wasnt working first half yesterday with Fellaini there so what does Moyes do? Swaps him with Vic and carrys on doing the same thing

Clueless

I honestly dont think its the formation but the way we use it

Big target man up top, Long diagonal balls over the top to said player with runners looking to feed off the knock downs/ons

Wasnt working first half yesterday with Fellaini there so what does Moyes do? Swaps him with Vic and carrys on doing the same thing

Clueless

Yes, I suppose you're right as it's used effectively by a lot of teams, the amount of long balls we play at times is staggering and it doesn't work. yet we carry on.

I take it most people think that if his replacement hasn't performed better than moyes elsewhere then that means they won't perform better if they come here?

And that those who have performed better than him won't come here. Or their record is ignored in favour of whether there's something you can take the piss out of them for.

If Moyes did leave I think we would have to set our sights low as the club would have nothing to offer any new manager.
I doubt any top European manager would agree a deal where he gets £4.50 each transfer window.
Will be someone low who is out of work and would take a job anywhere, Everton could not even buy another manager out of a contract. Steve Keane?
I would like Clarke but he would cost too much to pay West brom, so its either Moyes or someone who has been sacked multiple times and cannot get a league 2 job. Ince went to Blackpool so hes out as we couldnt pay him out of the contract either.

tumblr_mbej03cdA41rzbvsto1_250.gif

Still struggling to understand how Moyes never gives Barkley game time in matches we are winning where he could come on and relax and enjoy his football

He brings him on when we are 3-0 down at home with 15 mins to go with the crowd all over the team

If he's good enough to change a game when we're three nil down how can't het get a look in any other time. Match-wise he makes it up as he goes along.

If he's good enough to change a game when we're three nil down how can't het get a look in any other time. Match-wise he makes it up as he goes along.
It's obvious from the way Moyes uses him that he sees Ross as being able to change a game. If we're 2-1 up at Wigan Moyes wants to hold onto the lead. Ross doesn't get a sniff.

If we're 3-0 to Wigan he's chasing the game. The same with Stoke away it was 1-1 and Moyes wanted the win so he used Ross.

In other words if we were winning Barkley wont get a look in. If we're chaseing it he wants Ross to change the game. It's not hard if you think about how he's been used .

It's obvious from the way Moyes uses him that he sees Ross as being able to change a game. If we're 2-1 up at Wigan Moyes wants to hold onto the lead. Ross doesn't get a sniff.

If we're 3-0 to Wigan he's chasing the game. The same with Stoke away it was 1-1 and Moyes wanted the win so he used Ross.

In other words if we were winning Barkley wont get a look in. If we're chaseing it he wants Ross to change the game. It's not hard if you think about how he's been used .

There's plenty of times he's been on the bench and we've been drawing and he could have thrown him on for 20-30 mins and he doesn't. Also times he hasn't when we've been losing too.

He just makes it up.

McClaren, Martinez etc = more of the same with a slight change in style and footballing ethos.

I want a WINNER at our club, not someone who dresses up failure as success with a ready made excuse book.

McClaren:

LC winner
Uefa Cup R/U
Dutch league winner

I'll take that winning trophies change of style and his daft Dutch accent over Moyes, tbf.

Just asking the question, but who are the really boss names? The type of manager that most people think we would not get?

But money talks IMO, and I personally wouldn't have a problem with putting a sizeable amount of the Fellaini cash or other new revenues towards a quality managerial appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back