Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Moyes- when he has had a bit of cash to replenish the squad he has done so to good effect.

I have harped on about it but the midget gems of Arteta-Osman-Pienaar was some very special football at the time- the European nights had us all creaming all over the show.

He has turned players like Arteta, Lescott, Pienaar (even though he was sold for less of his true value) Beckford, McFadden into players that were sold at a profit in some cases- Lescott a huge profit.

In a world where we have to sell to buy there are not many managers that buy players and sell them at a profit to then replenish the squad. With a bit more money I am sure we would be right up in the mix- our squad is full of internationals and some superb individuals.

Moyes bough these players-

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Distin, Fellaini, Gibson, Coleman, Pienaar, Jelavic. All names that we have been purring over in recent times. Big players in my opinion and I truly think that we are only a couple of names from being right in that mix.

Im glad Moyes is staying- would love him to have some funds to add a couple more gems to be able to play some decent football in front of what the side provides in the way of substance.

Hell defo make a mint off Baines and Fellaini too

We should jib all the name calling, both sides like. The fan base is divided enough thanks to the board, we don't need the manager to cause battle lines to drawn too.

I can see both sides - boss fence sitter me - but at the moment the bigger problem is the board than the manager. With what he's got he's getting us to a reasonably placed finish so he can work well with what he's got. What we have to be careful with is to not be conditioned as some sort of boss Charlton Athletic circa 2003, we're Everton like.

Before jibbing him I'd like to see him given some money. I hate it but that's what the game is now, success is more or less directly attributable to how much resources you've got. He's been hampered but equally well compensated by the board he works for. If we went then the board are left direct in the line of fire and they well know that, hence why they'll pay him the big bucks until someone comes along who matches their valuation. He's the best firewall money can buy for them.

I was getting really pissed off last season with the dour football served up but January came and he was allowed some money to buy new players and it transformed our season. A decent striker and some expansive football. There weren't many teams who deserved to take any points off us with the huge exception of the sh*te. The mid week league game sh*t house team selection made me fume at him like never before like.

Would we better served if he left? We won't know until it happens but it's doubtful under the current board plus you have to factor in the board actually choosing someone who would work as effectively under the same conditions. I doubt they could get that lucky picking another manager as they did when Moyes came in and the condition we were in.

This season will be revealing for manager and board. All this angst on here would be well directed at the ownership of the club as they're the biggest obstacle against us achieving again. Once they're out of the way then Moyes will also be judged if afforded even minimal funds.

All yer mars.

Agree with not name calling but you talk about not having the fanbase split but in my eyes you then take sides because you defend Moyes.

We are a divided set of fans more or less on the grounds of what each individuals everton experience is.

Throw in what is known about BK and the board and the fact Moyes is clearly benefiting from them and I don't see how you can separate the two, it's the root of everything.

We are Everton but now we survive but don't compete - so who carries the can?

Normally it's the manager, but wait, our manager is a miracle worker. Oh so it's the board then! well... hang on our miracle worker, whom we all respect,love and adore, says they're great - or at least the chairman is. Oh fookin' 'ell who's fault is it then?

It is vital this ridiculous circular argument is broken - the board will not go - that only leaves one option.

Agree with not name calling but you talk about not having the fanbase split but in my eyes you then take sides because you defend Moyes.

We are a divided set of fans more or less on the grounds of what each individuals everton experience is.

Throw in what is known about BK and the board and the fact Moyes is clearly benefiting from them and I don't see how you can separate the two, it's the root of everything.

Normally it's the manager, but wait, our manager is a miracle worker. Oh so it's the board then! well... hang on our miracle worker, whom we all respect,love and adore, says they're great - or at least the chairman is. Oh fookin' 'ell who's fault is it then?

It is vital this ridiculous circular argument is broken - the board will not go - that only leaves one option.

Excellent.

Permission to return to bickering.

Fair enough, I thought I was pretty rounded on Moyes rather than taking his side like. I didn't say our manager was a miracle work either mate. He has his faults but it reasons that we'd be more likely in more trouble if he went with the board in place.

Treat the cause, not the symptom.

If Dave keeps up with his "Moyes is as bad as Kenwrong" crap, him.

The fact is Moyes is always ready with a "Worlds best chairman quote" every time a bit of pressure is building on Bill. Ten minutes later he's crying about money and starting every sentence with "We can't expect" or "We've got no right"

Dave is dead right that both have played a part in managed decline. Moyes with expectation and Bill with everything you can imagine and loads you probably couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back