Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll finish badly when the pressure and expectation upon Moist when we're 3rd in January will cause him to go back into his cautious defensive shell meaning we finish 7th again.

And the excuses as to why its not his fault will flow from the Moyes loving beauts.

What postion do you think we should have finished the last 5 Seasons?

1st? 2nd? 3rd? 15th?

If Everton finish anywhere above 7th or below 9th next season I'll be surprised. That's whether Moyes is in charge or not.

Moyes isn't the big problem with Everton, blatantly it's Kenwright, the board, and the lack of investment. I'm not a fan of his negative tactics, and our seeming inability to win before November but there are far more pressing issues to be dealt with first.

As said results are more important than style... Ask blackpool fans!

My main problem is people use this unattractive football as a stick to beat moyes with. Whilst completely ignoring the fact that he doesn't always play like that... Last season was a game of two Halfs... First half being dull unattractive football whilst the 2nd half of the season we played some lovely football!?!?

Moyes fans clearly acknowledge the poor football but also have there eyes open to the fact he also plays good football (players permitting) whether u believe it right or wrong moyes chooses which way he's gonna go about it dependent on what sort of squad he has and tbf to him season on season we have ended up in good league positions..

Moyes haters completely ignore the times we are playing good stuff because it doesn't suit there agenda/argument. I'd have respect in their opinion if they admitted such things... And just said I want moyes out because of the dull football at times. I want a manager who try's to play attractive football over anything else regardless of what players we have, where we finish ect.

In which case I could completely understand you's wanting moyes replaced as he does not put style first. But to say he always plays defensive at all costs regardless of why players we have at any given period is bull!!

Rant over!!

Repped.

It's funny how we were scoring goals for fun and getting results when we actually had Jelavic, Pienaar, and for a time, Donovan. Was Moyes ****e then?

Well 17th obviously cause Tamworth spent more money than us and its price tags that win games not players abilty.

Managerial talent will only get teams so far.

Upon this we can agree.

This Season we struggled for goals untill we bought Jelavic and Pienaar.

Amazing what happens when teams sign players.

2 and a half Years, thats how long Moyes had to wait for a new signing, no wonder we played stale football.

Managerial talent will only get teams so far.

Upon this we can agree.

This Season we struggled for goals untill we bought Jelavic and Pienaar.

Amazing what happens when teams sign players.

2 and a half Years, thats how long Moyes had to wait for a new signing, no wonder we played stale football.

well hopefully we get pienaar and start playing good football right from the start. that is all i want, if he can do that i'll be happy.

More of this

Roberto-Mancini-and-David-001.jpg

Less of this

David-Moyes-Everton-001.jpg

If Everton finish anywhere above 7th or below 9th next season I'll be surprised. That's whether Moyes is in charge or not.

Moyes isn't the big problem with Everton, blatantly it's Kenwright, the board, and the lack of investment. I'm not a fan of his negative tactics, and our seeming inability to win before November but there are far more pressing issues to be dealt with first.

Its good for us to stay 7th-9th until we get new investment/ new board. so its easier to kick on,

Its good for us to stay 7th-9th until we get new investment/ new board. so its easier to kick on,

the thing what winds me up is if we play our football and are positive we can beat most if not every team on our day. The way we played in the first half against spurs at home and newcastle was some of the best football i had seen from any team all season. We can do it,but we need to do it all the time. the long ball should be banned.

FWIW here's my view:

Personally I am delighted Moyes is staying, not because he's the best manager in the Premiership nor indeed the manager of choice if we had the option of any manager.

The fact is he is the best bet given the financial stanglehold the club finds itself in - because of the owners. Change the ownership then we can change the management - to willingly make change in the other order is folly in the extreme.

FWIW here's my view:

Personally I am delighted Moyes is staying. not because he's the best manager in the Premiership bor indeed the manager of choice if we had the option of any manager.

The fact is he is the best bet given the financial stanglehold the club finds itself in - because of the owners. Change the ownership then we can change the management - to willingly make change in the other order is folly in the extreme.

Agreed. As long as the current regime is in place, Moyes is our best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back