Moyes waiting on Arteta and Stubbs injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
Everton boss David Moyes is waiting to hear the latest on the fitness of two key players, Alan Stubbs and Mikel Arteta.

Both players picked up knocks and had to be substituted in the 2-1 win against Charlton at Goodison Park.

Stubbs, who has been a rock at the back for the Blues in recent weeks, had to be substituted just after the hour mark with an ankle knock.

Mikel Arteta was also substituted later in the game for the debutant Anderson De Silva, after Mikel sustained a neck injury late on in the game after a robust challenge from Madjid Bougherra.

Moyes is sweating on the fitness of these 2 key players for Saturday’s vital match against West Ham United at Upton Park.

Moyes told the official site “Mikel took a knock to his neck and was a bit dazed. Also Hibbo got knocked out in the game but carried on playing which was brilliant”.

“Stubbsy also took a knock to his ankle and we tried to give him a further 10 minutes but he couldn’t carry on”.

An assessment of the players will be carried out as 5th place Everton begin to gear up for the hard trip to Upton Park, where with a win they could move within touching distance of grabbing a UEFA cup place!

"Also Hibbo got knocked out in the game but carried on playing which was brilliant”.

thought that was against the rules, great committment, but i'd rather have him back fully than see a game out then miss 3 months.

good tackler is our tony, maybe if we get him practicing with mikel daily he might improve in the passing and crossing areas. (if mikel is to stay at RM then he and tony need to work on an understanding a la becks and elder nev)

he doesnt have big enough muscles, and PA has been asbo'd by the cops with regards his tendancys towards smaller men/boys.

I'm sure the KO incident on hibbo came from a thatcher tackle, have a look at the highlights on Everton TV thatcher went in with his elbow and sent tony flying btw hibbo just went for the ball...

whats with all the dirty thugs in the PL all of a sudden???

It was about 100 yards from me. The clatter of flesh was very audible even from where I was. I was VERY suprised both players just got up. 100% committed both of them but it was basically 2 people running in to each other at full pelt.
Wasn't nice to look at. Tony took a few minutes to compose himself but didn't look too worse for wear.

I think it is because Thatcher is a dirty [Poor language removed] and hibbert is hard as nails. Arteta will be fine for the west ham game from the whispers I am hearing. fingers crossed all round.

But you are right about the rise of dirty bastards. Is it because ref's are being more cautious or just becoming [Poor language removed] houses, either way it all stems from their inability to give AJ the penalties throughout this season. They do not want to make the decisions that could change games as they are too scared to be torn apart in the media, except if you are graham poll who loves the centre stage.

Anyone going to the game? I couldn't get a ticket as it was sold out, but I'm going on the off-chance that one of those trusty scouse touts will help me out and I can sit and watch the game while my wife does the shopping in the local Tesco and picks me up after the game!

COYB!!!

Anyone going to the game? I couldn't get a ticket as it was sold out, but I'm going on the off-chance that one of those trusty scouse touts will help me out and I can sit and watch the game while my wife does the shopping in the local Tesco and picks me up after the game!

COYB!!!

What can I say about the game othere than something about banjos and cow's arses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back