Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was alone back there with [Poor language removed] defense and [Poor language removed] Goalie , and Everton miss chance after chance and then we ge two goals from nothing Besic not foult for any. Then number of times he took ball give to Lukaku to Wingers wjo basikly lef him whenever they los the ball , but he did not have like snail McCharty to run to hes aid .What people see better in Barry i cant see , hes exp , yes , but hes slower , hes deseire is gone , he fouls much more hen Besic , and hes passing is not better. Just answer me this Barry in Besic spot last night nothing else , he alone on DM , ho would it end ?
I definitely think choosing Barry at the moment is over cautious and Besic should be taking his place soon. Maybe it is partly for the lad's sake because Martinez feels he is trying too hard. Lets maybe hope he gets a run in cup games at least to prove he can settle. Think he is still going to prove a great signing. Some of the service our wide players and forwards got in was really good and not his fault if some of them wased it. Definitely think it is harder in that position without McCarthy there

I definitely think choosing Barry at the moment is over cautious and Besic should be taking his place soon. Maybe it is partly for the lad's sake because Martinez feels he is trying too hard. Lets maybe hope he gets a run in cup games at least to prove he can settle. Think he is still going to prove a great signing. Some of the service our wide players and forwards got in was really good and not his fault if some of them wased it. Definitely think it is harder in that position without McCarthy there
The thing is there is not much diference to put Barry every damn game . Barry only going down from here , Besic can only go up. Season and half here waiting , give him a damn chance.

I thought he played really well last night and it absolute baffles me how people didnt see it that way.

Yeah he could have done better with their 3rd goal but he very rarely gave the ball away, played some very nice passes including the one for Ged for our 4th and put some good tackles in.

I genuinely think people have a go at him because he has tattoos or something.

Look at it this way, he is a young player who has come from a poor standard league so he is young in both years and experience. He is two footed, rarely gives the ball away, has an eye for a pass, great at intercepting the ball and has tremendous technique. Hes just very raw.

I actually think he would be better played slightly further forward, not as a defensive mid but more in the middle of the park as I think his defending is a bit of a liability.

Sod it im just going to say it, anyone who cant see this lads talent is a neanderthal. Hes not the finished article by a long way but he is a tremendous prospect.

Thought he played well and pout a shift in for full game + considering it was first game back. Made a mistake for the 3rd goals but he dead on his feet at that stage.

Wanted to get on the ball and speed things up. always available and liked how he tried to move forward with the ball when he could.

Needs games and not sure hel get them with Barry there

The thing is there is not much diference to put Barry every damn game . Barry only going down from here , Besic can only go up. Season and half here waiting , give him a damn chance.
think he will get one but clearly Barry is a manager favourite so I would try not get frustrated till it happens. Hopefully doesn't take a Barry suspension but think that is possible

I think there are some players at the club who can't be judged on whether they are going to be bad players just yet, one of them is Besic. He hasn't had a decent run in the team which for a young lad is what's needed. Playing bit part games and in the reserves is nowhere near the intensity needed.

Oviedo is another, he's come back from a bad injury which before that he was looking decent and hasn't had a good pre season behind him. Robles is also in this category, who again after a run in the team last year looked a good keeper.

FFS people questioned Gerry's ability after 4 minutes against City last week and we all know how good he is.

Barkely should be playing in Besic's position. I love Ross when he plays a deeper role. Would like a midfield 5 of Mirallas, Del, Barkely, MCarthy and Cleverly most games.

That would eradicate Barry from the situation at least on a weekly basis. And Kone as well.

think he will get one but clearly Barry is a manager favourite so I would try not get frustrated till it happens. Hopefully doesn't take a Barry suspension but think that is possible
Given he has the most yellows in Prem history it's a safe assumption ;)

I thought he was very good and his energy and desire can go a long way to helping the squad reach their peak form. I also think with his forward and decisive passing as well as his history as a CB I think he would be ideal in a 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1, which is what I want to see us run out.

This formation can be adjusted to either shape listed above but the player layout is basically the same.

Lukaku
Mirallas Deulefeu
Barkley McCarthy
Besic

Have him be more of a midfield sweeper and be in charge of cutting out the opponents quick counters. Plus with his penchant for picking up cards I am sure he will be rotated frequently. The biggest thing holding him back is that RM's favorites (Barry and Clevs) are in his position.

I thought he was very good and his energy and desire can go a long way to helping the squad reach their peak form. I also think with his forward and decisive passing as well as his history as a CB I think he would be ideal in a 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1, which is what I want to see us run out.

This formation can be adjusted to either shape listed above but the player layout is basically the same.

Lukaku
Mirallas Deulefeu
Barkley McCarthy
Besic

Have him be more of a midfield sweeper and be in charge of cutting out the opponents quick counters. Plus with his penchant for picking up cards I am sure he will be rotated frequently. The biggest thing holding him back is that RM's favorites (Barry and Clevs) are in his position.

I'd have McCarthy and Besic playing side-by-side with Barkley infront of them, whoops isn't that the same formation as Barnsley ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back