My lads first game tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume somebody has said this before, but make sure to take him to the little fan park they put on at the Park End prior to kick off. Not my cuppa tea but they have a few performers and get the kids involved. My girlfriend (nearly twenty) loves it, and she got to meet a reindeer there just before Xmas!

Oh yeah, give the lad a 90-min swear pass as well. If there's one thing you need to be allowed to do, it's swear heavily without fear of punishment.
I remember taking my eldest lad to his first match when he was 10. He had never sworn in front of me in his life. 20mins in he turned and looked at me and asked, can I swear dad. go on then I said. He is 26 now and never stopped after that.

Didn't get to the ground until after 6 so missed the players arriving (which was at 5 according to the woman who sat beside us). Photo with Dixie, quick laugh at the "welcom" being missing from the banner on the Park End, got hat and scarf, up to the church for the heritage stuff, cheeseburger and chips, collected tickets, went to the shop (which was a bit of a let down by the looks of things - no idea what he was expecting!) - he was kind of underwhelmed at this stage but as soon as we got inside he was all agog. We got right up pitchside for the players warm up and he was silent for the whole thing, he was awestruck! Had fairly poor view in LB4 but managed to find better seats (ended up sitting beside an Irish couple) and had a great view in the end.

The score didn't bother him, he just sucked it all in and had a great time. He was joining in with chants and giving the players stick like an old hand! He also has developed his first hated player, Caludio Yacob after his grappling with Naismith.

His highlight of the day - laughing at Victor falling over! (kids eh!?)

Didn't get to the ground until after 6 so missed the players arriving (which was at 5 according to the woman who sat beside us). Photo with Dixie, quick laugh at the "welcom" being missing from the banner on the Park End, got hat and scarf, up to the church for the heritage stuff, cheeseburger and chips, collected tickets, went to the shop (which was a bit of a let down by the looks of things - no idea what he was expecting!) - he was kind of underwhelmed at this stage but as soon as we got inside he was all agog. We got right up pitchside for the players warm up and he was silent for the whole thing, he was awestruck! Had fairly poor view in LB4 but managed to find better seats (ended up sitting beside an Irish couple) and had a great view in the end.

The score didn't bother him, he just sucked it all in and had a great time. He was joining in with chants and giving the players stick like an old hand! He also has developed his first hated player, Caludio Yacob after his grappling with Naismith.

Glad he enjoyed it - it was a draw some fans on here think we got beat 6-0!

Brilliant.....every story needs a baddie.

It's my 9 year old son's first visit to Goodison tomorrow. He's been looking forward to this for ever, it was what he asked for for Xmas and all.

Any ideas or advice on things that'd make it an even better occasion? (aside from a 5-0 win!)

A photo with Dixie is obviously on the cards but other stuff like that. I was going to bring him to see Ruperts tower but it'll be dark by the time we land.
my lads first game was against spurs in the year we reached the fa cup final against chelsea. it was a 0-0 meaningless dull game but he soaked up every minute of it. Hope your lad a a great one :-)

Great stuff mate, made up he enjoyed it.

My lad is the same now, and its his 2nd year season ticket....but been going 5-10 games since he was 2.

Loves every minute, even if we lose. I have it drilled into him now, the result is NEVER the reason we go, we love this club and support it regardless.

He gets it, even with the odd moan and whine on the way back to the car....while dodging the dog muck all over the place!!

watching on the TV last night near the end when we were pushing for a winner I was thinking of your lad at his first game and was hoping they would get the goal for him and his memories, shame they didn't (for more than just that reason!) but sounds like he enjoyed it anyways

Oh to be that young and care free again. Puts some of it into perspective!! Glad he enjoyed it pal. Look forward to getting my 2 girls over in few years with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back