Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like two cf get rid of rondon then have him on the bench with another cf maybe broja gives us alot better options

Maups would be an absolutely fine backup striker in all honesty.

If the sale of Gordon enables us to sign Maupay, a better striker, plus a winger, then it'll be excellent business.

However, I do not trust the club to do that. I see Gordon going, Maupay coming and starting 25 games this season and us going down.

And there it is. Bill's mission finally accomplished, Evertonians accepting premier league survival as an achievement. How low we have sunk.
The team last season was poor and only just avoided relegation. We have sold our best player and top scorer. There were gaping holes all over the squad. With limited money to fill them. We have an injury prone squad and already have four or five players missing. This summer we needed a defence, midfield and attack with £60m to spend.

i personally feel that it will be next summer when the turnaround starts in earnest. Mina, Gbamin, Allan, Doucoure Davies and Rondon’s contracts all expire. The recruitment has been so appalling that survival is an achievement. Of course I want better, i remember the good times, but I am also a realist, it protects me from insanity. All I can see is a finish somewhere from 14-17.

And there it is. Bill's mission finally accomplished, Evertonians accepting premier league survival as an achievement. How low we have sunk.
There's a difference between it being an achievement and it being the immediate objective. If Europe and the cups are out of reach, the only remaining objectives are survive and improve.

If we sign him by Friday lunchtime he will be the best striker available to us on Saturday.

This is where we’ve ended up.

In an ideal world we sell AG for 60M sign Trossard, joao Pedro & Connor Gallagher & bring Broja in on loan, pfft not an ideal world though, Everton innit ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.