Neill to Galatasaray?

• Thread starter Thread starter best little spaniard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

best little spaniard

Galatasaray have supposedly bid £800,000 for Lucas.

Galatasaray test Everton with tempting offer for Lucas Neill | Arsenal - Times Online

Galatasaray have tabled an £800,000 offer for Lucas Neill, the 31-year-old defender who joined Everton on a free transfer less than four months ago.

Neill signed for Everton in September having left West Ham United. David Moyes would be disappointed if Neill wanted to leave, having revived the fortunes of a player who was struggling to find an English club willing to sign him. However, the prospect of bringing in such a fee for a player who cost nothing could tempt the Everton manager.

For £800,000, I'd rather we let his contract run out at this stage of the season.
He still has time to prove himself to get another year, though I don't think it will happen.

No way, i really rate him, he's very effective. Of course he isn't first choice, but with our history of injuries plus European football we need to keep a big squad. Hope he stays

800 grand isn't going to bring in a new player or cover someone else's lofty wage demand (pointing at Saha and Pienaar). Plus, he's paired well with Heitinga and Lord knows Everton need depth above all things.

Thanks but no Turks.

He's not going to want to resettle to another side with the WC coming up - he's playing now and will stay at CB until Jags is fully fit and even then if his form is still good, he'll probably move over to RB.

Handy as a squad player, but knowing his form, he'll probably ask for a significant pay increase if we want to keep him.

800k might give us 10 more weeks for Saha's wage though....

£800,000 is nothing!

that would maybe cover lucas' wages between now and June, we have got injuries galore and cant afford for anyone to leave in the window and I think lucas is doing well in defense, it would be idiotic to sell him.

Torn on this one.

He's done well for us but with everyone coming back, it might make sense to cash in on him and get something.

I do believe he'll want a pay raise after his contract is up though.

He's also been very good cover for us.

What to do? What to do?

Can't really see any benefit in us letting Neill go for such a small amount of money. He wouldn't be in many peoples first XI when everyone is fit but he's proved a very useful and capable member of the squad.

800 grand isn't going to bring in a new player or cover someone else's lofty wage demand (pointing at Saha and Pienaar). Plus, he's paired well with Heitinga and Lord knows Everton need depth above all things.

Thanks but no Turks.

He's not going to want to resettle to another side with the WC coming up - he's playing now and will stay at CB until Jags is fully fit and even then if his form is still good, he'll probably move over to RB.

Spot on there mate. He'll want to play with Timmy rather than Harry at this stage.

We need Neill. I'd renew his contract even. Reliable RB,CB..versatile player and a good leader,experienced. Why sell him? Are we signing metzelder in the summer then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back