Neill to Galatasaray?

• Thread starter Thread starter best little spaniard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bigger picture, if we got quickly to a safe position in the Premiership over the coming weeks I'd find it acceptable in this car crash of a season to salvage something by trying to bring on those two plus Mustafa and Baxter with a good run in the side. Use the second half of the season to see exactly who is and who isn't good enough amongst the youngsters who warm the bench regularly. Otherwise 09/10 has been one huge waste of ******* time.

There's still the cups mate. We can write off the league, at this point, but I'm not ready to give up on the whole season yet.

Not happy that we've start selling now though. Our squad is small enough as it is.

AT least we are sensible enough to keep him until after the Man City game, Next week at least Distin is likely to be ready to play against Birmingham and we did have some more time to find a replacement, even if it is going to be on-loan!

It is not a slightly retarded move on our part, it is a nice bit of business.

Neil did a good job at CB, he did okay, but he was part of a defense that let in a hell of a lot of goals. Selling him for 1 million ( 750,000 I think actually) was a very good piece of business for a 31 year old defender that will not do much more in his career. This money can be spent on on a replacement that could be the next Jagielka, like you say, Kilgallon would be my replacement. If that 1 Million is the 1 Million needed to get him at Goodison, then it is a fantastic bit of business by the club.

The problem is as I said before, not the transfer itself, but much more the timing of that transfer. Hopefully Neill will be able to play against City and we get a new CB in next week.

I hear the name Kilgallon mentioned a lot, but is he really that good? I for one don't know much about him, as I only saw flashes of him on the Football league highlights show. To already compare him with Jagielka is a bit premature in my eyes. Watched him an awful lot the season before he joined and tbf, he was head, shoulder and waist above the rest of the Sheffield squad. On top of that he also proved he was capable of playing at PL level. A major difference compared to the championship.

Last edited:

The problem is as I said before, not the transfer itself, but much more the timing of that transfer. Hopefully Neill will be able to play against City and we get a new CB in next week.

I hear the name Kilgallon mentioned a lot, but is he really that good? I for one don't know much about him, as I only saw flashes of him on the Football league highlights show. To already compare him with Jagielka is a bit premature in my eyes. Watched him an awful lot the season before he joined and tbf, he was head, shoulder and waist above the rest of the Sheffield squad. On top of that he also proved he was capable of playing at PL level. A major difference to the championship.

Sheff United turned down a £2mill offer from Burnely so he's gonna cost upwards of that.

And after the last time we did dealings with Sheff United it went tits up, with the lad not even warming the bench at Spurs. Id expect this to be the same.

But as Moyes as said....LOANS!! LOANS!!! LOANS!!! We wont buy anyone.

Disappointed with this, Lucas Neill was the best right back at the club and a very capable centre back. It was refreshing to see a good footballer at the back, someone who was willing to bring the ball out from the back and distribute.

People talk about Coleman but he's still behind Hibbert, he's our third choice right back. The loss of Neill doesn't make much of a difference to be honest, a limited player like Hibbert will be closer to the team and Seamus will still be in the background. The same applies to Duffy.

Hopefully we get someone in like Killgallon, someone promising who can actually push for the side. I have my doubts though to be honest, the money we've sold Neill barely gets you anything.

am not arsed he gone,but the timing jeez come on davie lad. we hardly over run with cb at the min are we?
are we that poor we coudlnt say no until the end of jan and get a replacement first or yobo,distan back,ffs we got city on sat tevez is on fire not amused at all tbh we never buy before we sell any more sad sad and ill say it again sad state of affairs

Difficult deceison to make but 1 million was a good coup for us. I actually liked him more than Distin so far. As the season goes on I hope I'm proved wrong about his declining abilities. Glad to hear Jags is coming back thats just what the doctor ordered pun intended.:P

Just under one million for a very capable Premier League player isn't a coup, even if he is 31. Championship players with championship ability go for more these days.

We got Neil on a Bosman and Moyes wasn't going to reup Neil's contract when Jags Neville are returning to fitness. I liked Neil better than Distin but business is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back