Neville throws bottle back to Piss Head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Apparently Neville had a little altercation with a pissed fan (one of our own) during the game yesterday. While supporters came on to the feild when we awarded a penaly and subsequntly ejected from the game.

Also a tribal football souce quoteing the daily mail.

TV DIDNT HIGHLIGHT IT SO I SUPPOSE ITS A STORM IN A TEA CUP ME THINKS?

ANYONE AT THE GAME SEE ANYTHING?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=30870

Last edited:
Pic from OS:
efc__1173006999_nev.jpg

Apparently Neville had a little altercation with a pissed fan (one of our own) during the game yesterday. While supporters came on to the feild when we awarded a penaly and subsequntly ejected from the game.

Also a tribal football souce quoteing the daily mail.

TV DIDNT HIGHLIGHT IT SO I SUPPOSE ITS A STORM IN A TEA CUP ME THINKS?

ANYONE AT THE GAME SEE ANYTHING?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=30870

It was mentioned in Radio Merseysides commentary, see the thread, but they didn't say anything about Neviles contribution:shock:

Phil Neville has moved quickly to explain the events surrounding the incident that preceded Everton's equalising goal at Sheffield United on Saturday.

The Blues' skipper tossed a plastic bottle off the playing surface after it was thrown on to the pitch from the away end at Bramall Lane.

He was seen gesticulating towards the travelling supporters but insists he was simply urging Everton's supporters to remain composed.

He told evertonTV: "The fans were fantastic. It wasn't a criticism when I went behind the goal, it was a case of saying calm down a little. I was just as excited as the fans at that moment but in terms of throwing things on to the pitch it is not what football needs, never mind Everton, because I believe we have got the best away support and the best home support in the land. We don't want anyone labelling us as having bad fans because we haven't.

"I understand that fans do get excited but when I saw the bottle come on to the pitch I just told the fans to calm down behind the goal.

"They were so excited and obviously somebody got a little bit carried away and that is what we don't want to see."

Ian Ross, Everton's Head of PR, said: "Although this is an isolated incident with a plastic bottle thrown on to the pitch such actions cannot be condoned. Phil as Club skipper reacted quickly to calm the situation and he deserves credit for that."

another angle would be that a supporter threw the bottle at neville out of frustration for nevilles lack of composure on the ball and the inaccuracy of his passing.

the phone in yesterday and at numerous other times have seen fans ring in to chastise nevilles passing game.

i think he does alright, like every footballer he has good and bad games.

top man phil is
and it sounds like he has taken to the everton fans

It sounds like he's done what a club skipper should do(y) (y) (y) , thank God he didn't try and kick it:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back