New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one person right for the job and that is Davey Moyes.

- Here to build something long term
- Loves Everton, knows Everton
- His teams are always well-drilled, balanced and fit
- Has shown this season that he is a class manager
- Always had an eye for the right player

Absolute no brainer for me.
Thought I'd never say this about Moyes, but I would give him the job. I don't care how he left, that was ages ago, and I think he has needed to show growth himself with the different positions he has had since he left Everton.

I think he fits more of what Brands is looking to do, identifying and buying cheaper, younger talent and developing them with the occasional big splash on a star player - something he will be able to do tenfold with this owner vs. having to sell to buy to purchase a £10 million player previously.

Passed the European spots????

The passed 10 years we've had consistent europa sounds glorious.
Fair enough, I don't disagree with you. But with the backing and the stadium etc, i want to go beyond what we were when Moyes left us. Appreciate there are steps to take to get there but I don't want to hit a glass ceiling with him.

Agree with the above, but I always go back to that quote "Knife to a gunfight". I don't disagree he'd do a job for us, but does he have enough to propel us past those Europa league spots and challenge the likes of Leicester etc.?
The knife to a gunfight quote was a bit weak.

but let’s face it.

our squad wasn’t the best
Our budget was awful.

so it really was like taking a knife to a gunfight and being disadvantaged

but you can’t ever question we had fight and organisation back then.
We had started playing some nice football too towards the back end

The knife to a gunfight quote was a bit weak.

but let’s face it.

our squad wasn’t the best
Our budget was awful.

so it really was like taking a knife to a gunfight and being disadvantaged

but you can’t ever question we had fight and organisation back then.
We had started playing some nice football too towards the back end
TBF The whole of Goodison Park thanked him and wished him well at his last game. It's what he said and tried to do afterwards that shot him in the foot.

Everton next manager odds - Betfair

• Nuno Espirito Santo - 4/6
  • Graham Potter - 5/1 - Was 16/1
  • Eddie Howe - 6/1
  • David Moyes - 7/1
  • Rafael Benitez - 9/1
  • Duncan Ferguson - 11/1
  • Frank Lampard - 14/1
  • Paulo Fonseca - 14/1
  • Erik ten Hag - 14/1
  • Antonio Conte - 14/1

Any talk of moyes having a glass ceiling is absolute nonsense talk and this myth about him not being able to win trophies.

Of course he had a glass ceiling when he was last here. The big 4 at the time were on a different planet with their budget and he constantly had to sell his best players year on year so the gap between us and the big 4 at the time was like that of the Premier league and championship. He effectively won the league for us 3 or 4 times in what was realistic by finishing 5th multiple times and 4th once.

Excuses could be made for his jobs at utd, sociedad and Sunderland. Utd has been difficult for all since ferguson left but being the immediate successor to the best manager of all time is impossible. Any of his fresh ideas would be instantly heckled as how could they be more effective than Sir alex in the players eyes. and as soon as he lost the faith of one or two players the whole place stank and it would always be the case. Plus he never really had enough time to stamp his mark on them.

The other 2 jobs he again didn't have over a season with and its just not his style to be a short term fix, Sunderland were doomed to failure anyway and had awful injury luck while he was there and Sociedad.. well no British manager does well in Spain and again he'd hardly learnt the language before being shown the door.

I'm not saying now is the time for him to join us and I felt he should have come instead of ancelotti 18 months ago, plus I'm not sure how it will work with brands. However i just felt the unjustified comments about him needed rectifying

Everton next manager odds - Betfair

• Nuno Espirito Santo - 4/6
  • Graham Potter - 5/1 - Was 16/1
  • Eddie Howe - 6/1
  • David Moyes - 7/1
  • Rafael Benitez - 9/1
  • Duncan Ferguson - 11/1
  • Frank Lampard - 14/1
  • Paulo Fonseca - 14/1
  • Erik ten Hag - 14/1
  • Antonio Conte - 14/1
I’d prefer the club to try someone from abroad Teh hag, Galtier, Rangnick. But if they’re going down the premier league experience route. Then I wouid take potter on the basis, he’s still a young manager and his teams play good football. And I just think we know what we’re getting with the others

However i just felt the unjustified comments about him needed rectifying

By pointing out he has won nothing, it's a fact, not a slur against him. In almost every big game his players have tightened up not gone out and enjoyed the occasion. He still has a ridiculously bad record against the bigger teams.

Do you think this will change with age when coaches tend to become more risk adverse. Remember his comments to Rio when he first arrived at utd to tell him how Jags would defend certain things? It's bull in a China shop stuff. To me he is a very good coach who can take a struggling group and make them organised. *bar Sunderland* I think he struggles with established stars and we have almost a full team of them at the moment. We are always going to spend less money than some teams so how does he take us beyond finishing best of the rest?

personally I think that the club needs to identify a syle of play and a formation to play it in. We then need to go out and get the best manager we can get that plays that style in that formation. Then go out and get all the best youth coaches that can play that style and that formation and implement it all the way through the academy.

That way when the current manager Leaves albeit through sacking or moving to a another club we can just go out and get the next manager that plays the way we play. So he'll fit in seamlessly and we won't need a completely new squad every time we change manager. Then the youth players will be able to fit into the squad and the system you know like brands did in Holland. As opposed to now where we have the academy playing completely different to the first team and then wondering why we cant get any academy players into the first team.

It seems like a simple concept to me but maybe I'm missing something, I dont know.

In fairness though, from what you guys were saying on your pod (which was really good btw) it looks like this is the 1st time Brands has really stepped up to manage the process. Whether that's because he's been emboldened by the 3 year contract, or that Ancelotti leaving abruptly has given him amnunition I am not sure, but it seems to be establishing a principle. If Brands selects this manager I'd imagine that is how it will continue moving forward and he will keep a list. Indeed he may even have a list and be working through it.

In a position like his, it's an absolute must to have his finger on the pulse, a dossier, a full filing cabinet of CV, references etc etc of coaches and managers in all the major leagues.
If a manager leaves in a hurry, clubs need to be able to begin the replacement process literally instantly. The crosschecking of references with GM's, players, opposition coaches and players is absolutely paramount... and agents acting for coaches/managers should be the LAST people to be referred to.

It has actually only been a week since Carlo resigned and it would be really worrying if we had already appointed someone in such a short time, it would be panic and knee jerk. There is really no need to rush this appointment, i would prefer that they take their time and be meticulous to try and get the right man for the job. We have got to get out of this restarting every 18 months cycle or we will just never move forward. Arguably the most important appointment in many years this one.

Weve had Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Ancelotti all playing different formations and styles of football.

This has left us with a total mishmash of players.

Brands should be deciding how the club wants to progress. Whether that be formation, style of play, type of manager or all three...with some leeway of course.

We should have had a list of managers who are within these parametres and immediately spoken to the top candidates on the list (through their agents) as soon as Ancelotti quit.

If a 'superstar' manager like Conte becomes available then you ask the agent if hes interested, exactly what he wants and then decide to move forward in talks with him in tandem.

Theres no reason why the search would take longer than a fortnight so im expecting an appointment this week...or at least serious talks.

I’d prefer the club to try someone from abroad Teh hag, Galtier, Rangnick. But if they’re going down the premier league experience route. Then I wouid take potter on the basis, he’s still a young manager and his teams play good football. And I just think we know what we’re getting with the others

Potter would be the one to go for if the club wants to follow his style of play in the mid term and focus on a stats based approach to hiring managers.

Gallardo brings everything you want in a top coach plus knowledge of the South American market.

Amorim has shown fantastic results at Sporting and his short stint in Braga...plus developed players

Pirlo was hard done by at Juventus following major injury issues and an ageing team which needs a rebuild. Good with young players too and has the brand name.

Villas Boas has experience in England and a good track record outside of England plus plays a front foot style of football.

Xavi has done really well in middle east,has the brand name and quickly developed an attacking style of play.

Rangnick could work with Brands to recycle most of the squad for a couple of years leaving the next manager a top side.

Galtier has the longevity and French experience if we want to focus on the exciting French market of young players.

All of them have strengths and weaknesses and it will be interesting to see if we go for one of them / those types or a somewhat boring choice in England...

personally I think that the club needs to identify a syle of play and a formation to play it in. We then need to go out and get the best manager we can get that plays that style in that formation. Then go out and get all the best youth coaches that can play that style and that formation and implement it all the way through the academy.

That way when the current manager Leaves albeit through sacking or moving to a another club we can just go out and get the next manager that plays the way we play. So he'll fit in seamlessly and we won't need a completely new squad every time we change manager. Then the youth players will be able to fit into the squad and the system you know like brands did in Holland. As opposed to now where we have the academy playing completely different to the first team and then wondering why we cant get any academy players into the first team.

It seems like a simple concept to me but maybe I'm missing something, I dont know.

Exactly...just written the same thing above ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.