New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if some people genuinely think that if a manager just is more ‘progressive’ and tells his players to ‘give it a go’ and ‘attack’ more, that all of a sudden the law of physics go out the window and we’ll just be sweeping aside all before us despite having one of the slowest weakest squads in the league with some really poor technique.

There’s probably a reason why a lot of managers play horrible football when they get to Everton and that’s because we don’t give them the tools to do anything else. ‘Here’s a lord of midfielders who can’t run pass tackle or shoot, please can we have top 4 though?’ What do we actually expect these managers to do? Set up expansive and open with Michael Keane at the back who struggles with things like running and passing? Play a high pressing game with midfielders like Siggurdson and Davies? Have thrusting wing backs when our right back can’t cross a ball?

It doesn’t matter who the manager is, that’s rot of football isn’t happening successfully until the players change. We might get a Martinez or Potter who will do it anyway and plough us into the bottom half with it but that’s no good to us either.
And yet 3 additional home wins would have given us champions league finish with that awful midfield,not saying they are any good by the way but it shows what could have happend

I wonder if some people genuinely think that if a manager just is more ‘progressive’ and tells his players to ‘give it a go’ and ‘attack’ more, that all of a sudden the law of physics go out the window and we’ll just be sweeping aside all before us despite having one of the slowest weakest squads in the league with some really poor technique.

There’s probably a reason why a lot of managers play horrible football when they get to Everton and that’s because we don’t give them the tools to do anything else. ‘Here’s a lord of midfielders who can’t run pass tackle or shoot, please can we have top 4 though?’ What do we actually expect these managers to do? Set up expansive and open with Michael Keane at the back who struggles with things like running and passing? Play a high pressing game with midfielders like Siggurdson and Davies? Have thrusting wing backs when our right back can’t cross a ball?

It doesn’t matter who the manager is, that’s rot of football isn’t happening successfully until the players change. We might get a Martinez or Potter who will do it anyway and plough us into the bottom half with it but that’s no good to us either.
We only needed to beat Fulham Newcastle and Sheff Utd to get into the top 4

This is his latest, make of it what you will:

I will take it with a pinch of salt tbh. He sounds more like he is guessing than anything factual and back when we appointed Carlo he was still saying we were going to appoint David Moyes while we were actually talking to Carlo unbeknown to him. Then when we appointed Carlo he got a sulk on and said we appointed the wrong man. Couldn't make it up really.

Does anybody else have a gut feeling its not Nuno?

There was so much more noise from Journos before Ancelotti came in
I wondered last week if it was tactical rumour mongering by the club, but it’s not died down. Indeed, the Nunes rumours, amongst others, seem to have compounded it.

I think it’s looking pretty certain now.

Status
Not open for further replies.