New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be interesting to see which way you break on this one, Dave. Will you beatify him like Bobby Brown Shoes and pretend everything is great when it's dreadful, or turn on him and come up with some conspiracy about him relating to Mendes/Billy Boys Pen/Kaiser Sose/H from Steps?

It's going to be a wild ride. I can't wait.
lol

The club may well be playing us, delaying the announcement and leaking snippets about a ‘divided board’ considering Benitez. After a couple of days of this, most blues will be very relieved that the ‘Sweaty One’ is no longer a possibility when Nuno is confirmed.

I got a lot of stick for saying Nuno would have us pressing more and fitter. Bear in mind his Wolves team was I jury stricken this year so their ground covered and sprinting stats aren't reflective of his first few years. He played a more defensive system out of necessity.
I'm sure Wolves weren't really a pressing team before last season either, and the system was always fairly defensive. They were a very good counterattacking team for a while though

It is probably done and dusted just waiting for him to return from holiday with his family so we can do all the media bits. He is probably sat in some five star resort with a wish list of twenty players he is mailing across to Brands to get him!

It's going to be interesting to see which way you break on this one, Dave. Will you beatify him like Bobby Brown Shoes and pretend everything is great when it's dreadful, or turn on him and come up with some conspiracy about him relating to Mendes/Billy Boys Pen/Kaiser Sose/H from Steps?

It's going to be a wild ride. I can't wait.
I'll do whatever any fan will do: judge him on his football and results.

I hate the fact we're apparently getting a manager who took a club like Wolves to back-to-back 7th place finishes.

How could we have allowed the club to let go a man who got us to 10th and who believed he couldn't get Everton players to pass the ball to each other?

I hate the fact we're apparently getting a manager who took a club like Wolves to back-to-back 7th place finishes.

How could we have allowed the club to let go a man who got us to 10th and who believed he couldn't get Everton players to pass the ball to each other?

Meh.

Koeman had Southampton finishing 7th and 6th. With more points than Nuno Santo's Wolves.

We brought him in and had Koeman sacked a handful of league games the season after finishing 7th with Everton.

7th isn't worthwhile credentials.

We finished with 59 points last season, Nuno Santo never achieved any more than our 59 last season in the Prem with Wolves.

He finished on 45 points last season.

7th at lesser clubs shouldn't get you in the door, and it certainly won't save a manager from having the door hit them on the arse on the way out.

You have to hope the club can see something in him to go back in for him after he jibbed us when he had an easy gig in the Championship on the way to promotion. Hopefully something different to what they saw in Marco Silva when we went back to him.

It’s terrible isn’t it we lost a man who won 3 CL and the league in every country he managed for a man who got Wolves 2 top 7 finishes and nothing in his career

Think it's today?

All the Journos said "next few days" on Friday, anything past today and that gets streched a bit
I’m not convinced it’s as close as it sounded, Dom King tweet yesterday was exactly confirmation was more well they better do it this week or else

Status
Not open for further replies.