New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine..

Putting up with 26 years without a trophy

Constant false dawns

A penniless luvvy owner for over a decade knocking back investment whilst operating a sell to buy policy

3 failed stadium moves

Derby humiliations

Relegation scraps in the 90's

Selling Rooney and Arteta to pay the banks off

Spending £45 million on Siggurdsson

Going through all that and deciding that giving the manager job to a Spanish ex RS manager is the straw that broke the camels back lol

What a melon lol
Everyone has a breaking point !1

Anyone that says they will stop supporting Everton because of who the boss is, is just telling a big fat lie as far as i am concerned, you cant just stop supporting someone as easy as that, unless you are a brand new supporter of a few weeks maybe - doubt most who say they wont renew their season tickets because of it will actually renew and any that dont will have been because of all the troubles with money due to the virus etc

Why should the board listen to some random fans using emotional blackmail to get what they want?

Some of the same people saying stuff like this are the same people saying we are too sentimental and not ruthless enough as a club.

Everyone has got angry, annoyed, upset, tired, fed up, or burnt out by Everton at some point. Every single one of us. If a few decide to walk away because of something they don't agree with, I can tell you now, they will be back when they calm down, or they were never really fans in the first place.

Benitez might not be everyone's 1st choice, or anyone's, but if he is the 1st choice of the people in charge, we have to just get behind it. He is not bigger than the club. He will not be here forever, and the longer he is here, the better he and we will have done.

Temper tantrums, protests and all the other negative stuff associated with the people showing their discontent at the board appointing what essentially boils down to a successful manager that they personally don't like, comes across as childish, stubborn, bitter and obstructive towards a collective goal.

The board shouldn't listen to individual fan opinion. The board should listen to the overwhelming collective opinion of the supporters though.

I dont think I've ever seen such a widescale opposition to an appointment. The fact they want to go ahead with it shows everything they've said about valuing supporters is a load of tosh.

Being ruthless and removing sentimentality starts with the playing squad. They haven't moved on a player yet who is still under contract. Appointing a manager who had a relegation in his last PL job doesnt strike me as ruthless. It comes across to me as an act of badly thought out desperation with a side of antagonism.

The only thing that is being obstructive to us achieving our goals is the diabolical decision making of the people who run the club. In terms of football on the pitch, name me a worse run club over the last decade. I will absolutely not back a regime who time after time have shown they are inept, clueless and can't learn from previous errors.

As mad as it might seem to some, Moderators are people too and have just as much right to their personal opinion as everyone else does. They only difference is that on top of that they give up their own time to help keep the forum a decent place for everyone which speaking from experience can be a thankless job at times.

Keep up the good work lads and thanks. ;)

Anyone that says they will stop supporting Everton because of who the boss is, is just telling a big fat lie as far as i am concerned, you cant just stop supporting someone as easy as that, unless you are a brand new supporter of a few weeks maybe - doubt most who say they wont renew their season tickets because of it will actually renew and any that dont will have been because of all the troubles with money due to the virus etc

I pretty much agree

I cant just switch off everton in my brain but I cant support this decision. People are allowed to be unhappy and its utterly bizarre how some seem surprised people are upset.

Would big red ever appoint Moyes, Martinez or Koeman?

I pretty much agree

I cant just switch off everton in my brain but I cant support this decision. People are allowed to be unhappy and its utterly bizarre how some seem surprised people are upset.

Would big red ever appoint Moyes, Martinez or Koeman?
They and even mourhinio would not get passed first base

This is what does me, doing this to long term Blues, what are the board thinking

Far as I'm concerned nothing will be more embarrassing than our first team losing to Liverpool kids, FSW being manager is a walk in the park compared to that.

Go on lad, let it out
Oh yeah, sorry... Ahem...

Wah, wah, I don't like him, I'm never going again. He's dead fat and he said we were small. I hope he FAILS and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure he does. Let's go and vandalise the ground to show our disapproval. I know it's bad when they do it, but it's cool/funny when we do it. Because it means more (yes, it's sad when they say it, but it's true when we say it). Let's chant and make the atmosphere toxic, organise protests, not show up, etc. I know they call us bitter, and we're really not, but let's show how bitter we are.

As long as we get our own way and we don't appoint him, it will be fine.

As long as its not Dunc. Or Martinez. Or Nuno. Or Howe. Or Dyche. Or Moyes. Or Pellegrini. Or Arteta. Or Solskjaer. Or Potter. Or Ranieri. Or Fonsecca. Or Conte. Or Lampard. Or Mourinho. Or Perreira. Or Low... Etc.

Last edited:
Imagine..

Putting up with 26 years without a trophy

Constant false dawns

A penniless luvvy owner for over a decade knocking back investment whilst operating a sell to buy policy

3 failed stadium moves

Derby humiliations

Relegation scraps in the 90's

Selling Rooney and Arteta to pay the banks off

Spending £45 million on Siggurdsson

Going through all that and deciding that giving the manager job to a Spanish ex RS manager is the straw that broke the camels back lol

What a melon lol
And this is precisely why I can't get on board with the Benitez outcry. I have total respect for anybody who is upset at his impending appointment - but only if they have been similarly appalled at what has gone on under Kenwright. The Benitez appointment, in that context, is simply more grist to the mill. However, those that are appalled at Benitez but who have somehow airbrushed away the diminution of this club under Blue Bill to the extent that they clapped his visage on the electronic scoreboard at Goodison like seals are a huge part of the problem.

I find the way people have been manipulated over the last 25 years far more offensive than appointing a Champions League-winning manager of whatever hue. Benitez, most certainly, wouldn't be my first choice, but I can't get upset over it when we had Stubbs selling Rooney from out under us, Kenwright claiming he wouldn't sell him for 50m and then doing so, tearfully, for half that, three failed stadium moves, one of which was to a tin shack with a Tesco, and decades of under-investment. Frankly, the outcry is years too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.