New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot’s been made of Benitez recently guiding Chelsea to a major trophy, namely the Europa League. Chelsea are a major force, though. Is it really that big an achievement to win a European trophy with Chelsea?

What impressed me were those two La Liga titles that he won with an under funded and un-fancied Valencia side.

Last edited:

It'll be much harder to get points next year than this year. I can't imagine the bottom 3 all being so incompetent or the top teams dropping so many points either. That leaves less available for those in the middle. League position should be the barometer.
Not having this. He needs to improve on this year. 10th place and 59 points is not good enough. If Benitez isn't good enough to finish higher in the league than half of the other clubs and if he can't improve the points total that the current gang of slugs achieved with the worst home record in recent history then he isn't good enough. Some of you need to raise your ambitions.

As blues we are known for our restraint and our patience. The fans will no doubt get behind the guy if he becomes a blue. Unless something terrible happens and we end up fighting relegation he will be supported like any other Everton manager.

A lot’s been made of Benitez recently guiding Chelsea to a major trophy, namely the Europa League. Chelsea are a major force, though. Is it really that big an a ievent to win a European trophy with Chelsea?

What impressed me were those two La Liga titles that he won with an under funded and un-fancied Valencia side.
Yeah but that was 20 years ago almost

Difference between him and Carlo is that Carlo came to the club and was worshipped from the off.

Benitez knows he's not going to have many fans in the ground and will have to put effort in.

Last manager fans were not happy with was Alladyce and he over achieved so lets hope the same with Rafael who will have a point to prove.
The only person who thinks Allardyce over achieved is Allardyce (and you perhaps).
We had a tough set of opening fixtures before he arrived and he did no better than he should have with the squad available.

Status
Not open for further replies.