New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't want anything that looks like anything other than Everton's stadium.

I think that people are putting too much stock in past stadium designs. If this fella and his team do what they've been brought on to do, then people will be wanting to build a stadium like Everton's.
Agreed. I want an iconic stadium that stands alone.

I'm okay with brickwork and exposed steel. But the Disney-industrial look of Lucas Oil and Miller Park isn't for me. I'm not having us playing in a shopping centre pastiche.

I love the brick stadiums such as Lucal Oil and the one above.

I think they'd look really classy on the waterfront and keep us with an old traditional look full of modern facilities whilst in 20 years time, every club in the world will be playing in some sort of glass structure.

Exactly this, something similar to lucas oil and Miller park would be in keeping with the heritage of the waterfront but would be unique and stand out as Evertons ground as most new stadiums across Europe would be a generic glass oval, could just imagine having the big warehouse type windows running around the concourse so when your having a pint your looking out onto the openess of the Mersey and over the city centre then you walk through into tall intimidating stands, go on Meis lad get drawing ;)

Exactly this, something similar to lucas oil and Miller park would be in keeping with the heritage of the waterfront but would be unique and stand out as Evertons ground as most new stadiums across Europe would be a generic glass oval, could just imagine having the big warehouse type windows running around the concourse so when your having a pint your looking out onto the openess of the Mersey and over the city centre then you walk through into tall intimidating stands, go on Meis lad get drawing ;)
Yeah, I always love driving past the old Dunlop building in Birmingham, now sadly a Travelodge. Brick rules!

utils.jpg

If any location lends itself well to having glass it's going to be our ground on the waterfront. We must incorporate unique vantage points throughout that take advantage of the location. Give the away end the best one to remind them how [Poor language removed] their town is.

What would people think of a Dortmund style End Stands but BEHIND BOTH GOALS?

I think this would be unique in football? If this is the best end stand football for atmosphere then we should have it at both ends by order of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I would to think that the architects are studying which End Stands are atmospherically the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't give it any thought nevermind undertook a study.

The stadium is also for the next generation of fans who will not know any different. Leitch criss crosses, gable (as on my avatar), Littlewoods clock even, we can have a strong nod to Goodison without being bound by the overall Goodison design*.

*I reserve the right to may change my mind on that last sentence!

What would people think of a Dortmund style End Stands but BEHIND BOTH GOALS?

I think this would be unique in football? If this is the best end stand football for atmosphere then we should have it at both ends by order of Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

I would to think that the architects are studying which End Stands are atmospherically the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't give it any thought nevermind undertook a study.

The stadium is also for the next generation of fans who will not know any different. Leitch criss crosses, gable (as on my avatar), Littlewoods clock even, we can have a strong nod to Goodison without being bound by the overall Goodison design*.

*I reserve the right to may change my mind on that last sentence!

Would make the side stands relatively small in capacity. I'm out.

I don't want anything that looks like anything other than Everton's stadium.

I think that people are putting too much stock in past stadium designs. If this fella and his team do what they've been brought on to do, then people will be wanting to build a stadium like Everton's.

I agree with the above.

Bear in mind Meis has already said the stadium is going to be unique, like nothing seen before.