New Everton Stadium

Yeah, I'm sure UNESECO would be delighted with that tacky monstrosity. I could definitely see the world heritage status being scrapped if they built that.

At then end of the day, the Liver Bird is Liverpool's symbol, as demonstrated by the Council's logo being one. So, I wouldn't stress too much.

But as my Dad said, they don't need a building to rival the Statue of Liberty. That's what the Liver Buildings are for.

Unesco soon wont be an issue. However, it wont be built there, cause of the new cruise liner terminal, and it wont be built further up cause it would have to build out from Peels land, most of which has its value cause of its waterfront location. They'll not be happy at seeing their land and view devalued.

Plus, your 100% right. The welcome to the city of Liverpool is the 3 graces, there should be nothing detracting from that. Certainly notba golden monstrosity like that.

Should have the Liverbird on our kit, absolutely shameful they way the club openly admitted a few years back that the Liver Bird is synonymous with the rs and thus we won't go near it.

Forget what LFC have done or will do. The Liverbird is sadly associated with them and not even with the city of Liverpool. That's the fact. Let us do our thing. Build ours up and up.

Forget what LFC have done or will do. The Liverbird is sadly associated with them and not even with the city of Liverpool. That's the fact. Let us do our thing. Build ours up and up.
Nah mate... the Liver Birds are representive of the city of Liverpool.They are on every bit of stationery and publication , nobody has a right to them least of all LFC.

Should have the Liverbird on our kit, absolutely shameful they way the club openly admitted a few years back that the Liver Bird is synonymous with the rs and thus we won't go near it.
I've never heard that but I'm now thinking we blues should now be thinking of reclaiming our birthright ........ A tiny Liver bird on the tower.....gradually growing.........laying in wait !!!!!!

This is the medal that was awarded to members of our 1891 title winning side.

image.webp

And this is a brooch that my wife wears on her coat.

image.webp

This is the medal that was awarded to members of our 1891 title winning side.

View attachment 32707

And this is a brooch that my wife wears on her coat.

View attachment 32706

Thats my point mate, think many of our fans these days have forgotten about the past and that symbol being a huge part of it - before they tried to monoploise it, and even having the audacity to try to patent it a few years back - Wonder how blues would take to having a huge blue liverbird on the new stadium facing the waterfront lit up with 1878 both lit up in lights - and wonder also how long it'd take for the myth about it being the symbol for the rs to be destroyed, now for me that would be glorious.

Sick and tired of the symbol of my city being given up on by the club as the fight to get it back would be too hard/uncomfortable for the ones making the decisions.

Used to have Red on our kit too. Maybe we should reclaim that as well?

Utterly different lad, one is the symbol of the City that our neighbours have tried to claim as there own, the other is a bloody colour.

Same reason the club should never ever have even contemplated moving outside the City boundary applies to why it should never give up on the symbol to the City.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back