New Everton Stadium

I agree we should use the Liverbird.

But I could never see the club showing the necessary guts, and even if they did, there would probably be a very negative media reaction such as the level of ignorance about us in general and absolute sycophancy towards them.

We have bigger fish to fry.

I agree we should use the Liverbird.

But I could never see the club showing the necessary guts, and even if they did, there would probably be a very negative media reaction such as the level of ignorance about us in general and absolute sycophancy towards them.

We have bigger fish to fry.

In the 60's mate - LFC tried to get the Cities coat of arms as their official club crest, thankfully that got turned down - they had been using it without permisson for about 25-30 years at that point btw, thats when they started to switch it to more what we know as theirs now.

All part of LFC's attempt to portray themselves as the only club of the City really

As for objections and the media etc - honestly don't care, we are an absolute afterthought for the media anyway, anyone not a LFC fan would probably love us doing it - as they hate the rs.

Give it ten years after we do it, with a huge blue Liverbird on the Mersey side of the waterfront new stadium and lets see how it is percieved after that time.

This is the medal that was awarded to members of our 1891 title winning side.

View attachment 32707

And this is a brooch that my wife wears on her coat.

View attachment 32706

Love them!, I've seen that 1891 one before, the liver bird is actually sat in the Everton badge (shield) with a reef around it a whole 6 years before we spunked them on the curtains,

it's great how they have to read about our history to get to theirs haha

I would rather we just emblazon our own logo on the new stadium. The reason there is media bias towards the RS is because they have been far more successful and as a result have a much bigger fan base so receive more media coverage. What is exciting about this new stadium is it presents an opportunity (albeit a long term one) to shift the balance of power. A superior stadium in a better location can be a game changer. Can't help thinking if we had got the KD all those years ago we probably would have got the big investment to enable us to challenge. We can't afford to screw this up again

I would rather we just emblazon our own logo on the new stadium. The reason there is media bias towards the RS is because they have been far more successful and as a result have a much bigger fan base so receive more media coverage. What is exciting about this new stadium is it presents an opportunity (albeit a long term one) to shift the balance of power. A superior stadium in a better location can be a game changer. Can't help thinking if we had got the KD all those years ago we probably would have got the big investment to enable us to challenge. We can't afford to screw this up again

They have a bigger 'global' fan base.

Within the city itself they don't have nearly the advantage. The city is generally blue.

Got to agree mate. The liver bird reminds me of the liver buildings first and then the scruffs. The Everton badge reminds me of Everton and Everton only and I love that.

Stick a huge illuminated Everton badge on 2 sides of the stadium, one which projects our badge across the city and one that projects our badge across the Mersey and that will do me very nicely.

Don't start me on the Kings Dock mate:rant:, all I will say is this new venture at BMD presents an even greater opportunity for us:)

They compare it with the Statue of Liberty in the article, but looking at it, it looks more like something you'd see in Abu Dhabi or some other place with nothing to offer the world but bling. Something a tinpot dictator would build to show how powerful his country is. It just looks so incongruous.

Anyway, these things rarely come off. I still remember the one they planned down here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_at_Ebbsfleet

I actually kind of like the White Horse idea just because it was so ridiculous - you had the feeling the guy who proposed it had a sense of humour.

1260695_sculpture_ebbsfleet_wallinger.jpg

Concept image of the White Horse in its planned location near an electricity pylon

lol

But a huge gold blingy Liverbird. No, not feeling that.

Last edited:

If this all works out for us with BM, i wonder how the dark side will react. If the stadium starts translating into a huge strategic advantage I wonder what their next move will be. They've got a lease on the land on Stanley Park or will they just keep hoping brand Anfield is enough? For once are we actually in danger of stealing a match on them? When they weighed up expanding Anfield v locations for a new stadium they must have considered the waterfront, why didn't they go for it?

Actually Liverpool FC do have a right to it, they have European copyright.

All this talk of putting it on our kit is nonsense.

Which when Britain leaves the Eu will be rendered pretty mute as it was that court they had to apply to in order to get the copyright afetr being turned down going via the UK route mate a year or two earleir

Can also be appealed against as well, as one of the KEITC blokes has done - but without club support he hasnt got a chance.

Unlikely yes - but having a history of us actually using the symbol that actually predates there existance as a club is a pretty powerful argument

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back