New Everton Stadium

Dont underestimate Peel's possible role in stirring things up in social media etc. If they dont want this to happen I'm sure they'll use every means possible to make it fail - including using shills and amplifying genuine Kopite angst against Everton occupying a dockland stadium..
Even for you that's the most ludicrous statement yet! You're really slipping now mate.

Dont underestimate Peel's possible role in stirring things up in social media etc. If they dont want this to happen I'm sure they'll use every means possible to make it fail - including using shills and amplifying genuine Kopite angst against Everton occupying a dockland stadium..
Dave, I can assure you that in the mainstay Peel are in favour of the stadium as long as it supports their overall plan.

Ha!

Peel want nothing more than for this to happen. The only issue between us and them is the price.

If they didn't want it, they'd refuse to sell. That's easier than a Putinesque social media war.

Even for you that's the most ludicrous statement yet! You're really slipping now mate.
You are naive if you think that sort of cyber strategising doesn't happen.

As said, IF Peel are lukewarm on this project, as they have always been - it may be that political and short term economic pressure that's forced them to the table - then they have the means to kick this into the long grass.

Why would Peel, the land owner, who have been in negotiations with Everton for absolute months over this project now start stirring things up. They know this is the catalyst to kick things off at the northern docks.

If they wanted it to fail they'd just say "it's not for sale and we're using it for residential development". Peel are ruthless, I work with them. Playing petty games is not in there makeup, they're a money making machine

Dave, I can assure you that in the mainstay Peel are in favour of the stadium as long as it supports their overall plan.

The key qualification.

It hasn't been so historically, maybe that's changed - maybe it's expediency to talk turkey right now but not commit?

We dont know. All I DO know is that social media is there to be manipulated by powerful corporate forces if they choose to use it. Dont take these "Kopite" attacks on our stadium project at face value.

Why would Peel, the land owner, who have been in negotiations with Everton for absolute months over this project now start stirring things up. They know this is the catalyst to kick things off at the northern docks.

If they wanted it to fail they'd just say "it's not for sale and we're using it for residential development". Peel are ruthless, I work with them. Playing petty games is not in there makeup, they're a money making machine
I'm not claiming they are. I've given the possible reasons for why they could want to do that above.

My point is simple: if you see nuggets in social media creating a swell of opinion against Everton at BMD dont automatically assume it's ALL genuine.

If they didn't want it to happen they would refuse to sell to us and the conversation would be over. Why would they have to go on the internet to put a stop to it?

It's pretty common knowledge. It's the catalyst they need.

Even if they didnt, they don't need to use your paranoid tactics. Just say "no thanks."

To suggest they are trying to disrupt this surreptitiously is, if I may say, insane.

That's not quite true. They have limits to the amount of time they can bank land and not move to develop it. There will be political pressure on them as the LCC want the north end redeveloped.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back