New Everton Stadium

No, things really are as simple as that. If they had no interest in the stadium forming the catalyst for the development then they'd have said 'no thanks' at the outset.
You just CANT blank the council and the public purse string holders like that. Peel have to deal with a concerted approach from those putting up serious proposals for the development of the city.

Things aren't quite as simple as that. For the reason's I've suggested so far they cant just thumb their noses at us and refuse to explore the idea put forward for a stadium.

They can, it's there land. They can do whatever they want and I've witnessed first hand how things don't stand in their way when they want something.

You just CANT blank the council and the public purse string holders like that. Peel have to deal with a concerted approach from those putting up serious proposals for the development of the city.
Why not? if you own the land and have outline planning consent, you don't need to cowtow to any of their requests. They might have given them the courtesy of a meeting to discuss the possibility and then simply said it doesn't sit with our plans for the project, so sorry chaps.

Who said the initial approach was from the council anyway?

You've created a fantasy scenario based on nothing I'm afraid mate

The most telling piece of cyber strategizing or manipulation of social media on any side of this debate was the simple fact that only photographs of the combined entourage at BM Dock managed to get out.

Whilst those sort of shenanigans absolutely go on - they are the most dangerous to use as you absolutely have no control of how it might go once you press enter.

If Peel are engaged in a Cyber campaign to derail this then I don't think that there is any real evidence to support it has started yet.

Why not? if you own the land and have outline planning consent, you don't need to cowtow to any of their requests. They might have given them the courtesy of a meeting to discuss the possibility and then simply said it doesn't sit with our plans for the project, so sorry chaps.

What's new again?

Peel t
Things aren't quite as simple as that. For the reason's I've suggested so far they cant just thumb their noses at us and refuse to explore the idea put forward for a stadium.

Nonsense

I work in this sector and there will be no way Peel will be b=negotiating with EFC if they felt that it was not what they invisaged for the whole area why waste time talking to other parties just to 'listen' as you say.

The fact that we are talking to them shows both EFC's intent and Peels willingness to to allow such a development expecially if it increases the vaue of their portfolio in the surrounding area's and of course having top flight EPL football would increase exposure and thus value.

Not saying it deffo on but the fact we are here is ery encouraging and allowing EFC to inspect the site also tells its own story, they are not messing about.

nicked from Twitter - Liverpool fans on their way home lollol

C1kGJP5W8AA8rOV.webp

They can, it's there land. They can do whatever they want and I've witnessed first hand how things don't stand in their way when they want something.
They cant 'do whatever they want'. There's a local plan they have to comply with for a kick off. That's quite beside the politics they have to overcome. They banked a load of land up and down the Mersey stretching out to Manchester. They can be transformative. THAT is within their power. But they cant act unilaterally on anything.

Dont underestimate Peel's possible role in stirring things up in social media etc. If they dont want this to happen I'm sure they'll use every means possible to make it fail - including using shills and amplifying genuine Kopite angst against Everton occupying a dockland stadium..

They are not dealing with Kenwright and a cap in hand mentality anymore.

With the possibility of Usmanov and Moshiri being in charge they will have plans that could dwarf any other proposals for the land and area.

PEEL are in the business to make money and powerful friends. They are hardly going to be put off by a bunch of scarf wearing loons, carrying portraits of ex managers and shouting the odds about the majestic parades, plays and books they created for finishing 2nd.

They know they are in trouble now.
Our new empire will rise on the banks of the royal blue Mersey.

*sigh*

They are not dealing with Kenwright and a cap in hand mentality anymore.

With the possibility of Usmanov and Moshiri being in charge they will have plans that could dwarf any other proposals for the land and area.

PEEL are in the business to make money and powerful friends. They are hardly going to be put off by a bunch of scarf wearing loons, carrying portraits of ex managers and shouting the odds about the majestic parades, plays and books they created for finishing 2nd.

They know they are in trouble now.
Our new empire will rise on the banks of the royal blue Mersey.
Their wealth and influence in the UK outstrips Usmanov and co.

They wont be press ganged into anything they dont want.

Lads I think the council are willing here.

No need to blank them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back