New Everton Stadium

Mosh is building us a boss stadium and David can't stand it.

IMG_4098.webp

They cant 'do whatever they want'. There's a local plan they have to comply with for a kick off. That's quite beside the politics they have to overcome. They banked a load of land up and down the Mersey stretching out to Manchester. They can be transformative. THAT is within their power. But they cant act unilaterally on anything.

Firstly, the banked land up the ship canal to Manchester has been developed, the final part being L2 at RSCT. This forms part of the Atlantic gateway plan (Peel ports) to offer routes into the country by vastly reducing emissions for transporting the goods.

Secondly, the plans for development of the northern docks has been preliminary approved and is included LCC's local plans, hence why Merseytravel and the council itself have plans in pace to improve the transport links in and around the area.

The site is being developed no matter what. So, and I repeat, if Peel did not want a stadium on that site the conversation would have ended on the first contact.

Devek? Seriously what the heck are you talking about? Peel met with Everton and decided they didn't want this, so instead of say to Everton NO, they made fake Twitter accounts and post on them to get the whole plan dismantled.

Peel want to redevelop that area but their current plan is over 15 years. With a stadium going in they can do it a lot faster as other companies will want to come in to that area.

Unless Devek, you think that Peel should drop a stadium idea and build a port so ppl can sail to Rhyl and different parts of Wales.

Their wealth and influence in the UK outstrips Usmanov and co.

They wont be press ganged into anything they dont want.

But business is about having powerful friends. They give you avenues to expand into other ventures.

I am much more confident this will proceed after the USM news this week. We have some of the best business brains sorting this.

Not like the last few attempts at a move. Everything happens for a reason and goes in cycles.

My twopenneth worth as a red. The city as a whole (I'm talking future generations of all our kids) needs as much investment as possible. The clubs are always going to be here and if that means a new ground at the docks, then so be it. Obviously it could be a massive input into your club and my bluenose cousins are cautiously optimistic but one who works in the steel industry in Manchester has spoken of the concerns Peel have regarding the impact of a stadium on the proposed residential developments. I.e the infrastructure problems for residents of proposed developments with regard to the influx of fans. Whittaker of Peel is a very shrewd operator who will squeeze every penny he can from the proposed move. I would be cautious regarding the funding arrangements even in terms of architects fees due to the fact Hicks and Gillett forked about £50 million!!! For the proposed site on Stanley Park. Then you need to keep an eye on how the construction will be funded and what impact that will have on player recruitment in the same way it affected Arsenal (who have dropped back in terms of trophy winning as a result). I think you will still be at Goodison for about five years even if planning permission is granted due to the financial and practical matters involved. If you do get the move I will look forward to taking my seat in the Robert Elstone Stand.
You don't really believe that the SP costs were genuinely £50m do you? lol

Their wealth and influence in the UK outstrips Usmanov and co.

They wont be press ganged into anything they dont want.

It depends. If they drag their feet and are seen to be holding back development of the city then I would think that the council have powers that they can use, up to and including compulsory purchase of the land. I suppose a lot depends upon the relationships between the parties......

It depends. If they drag their feet and are seen to be holding back development of the city then I would think that the council have powers that they can use, up to and including compulsory purchase of the land. I suppose a lot depends upon the relationships between the parties......

They can't issue a cpo to develop the land for PL football club. A cpo would be in relation to infrastructure requirements such as roads etc i.e like that's been done on derby road to widen the route into the city

My twopenneth worth as a red. The city as a whole (I'm talking future generations of all our kids) needs as much investment as possible. The clubs are always going to be here and if that means a new ground at the docks, then so be it. Obviously it could be a massive input into your club and my bluenose cousins are cautiously optimistic but one who works in the steel industry in Manchester has spoken of the concerns Peel have regarding the impact of a stadium on the proposed residential developments. I.e the infrastructure problems for residents of proposed developments with regard to the influx of fans. Whittaker of Peel is a very shrewd operator who will squeeze every penny he can from the proposed move. I would be cautious regarding the funding arrangements even in terms of architects fees due to the fact Hicks and Gillett forked about £50 million!!! For the proposed site on Stanley Park. Then you need to keep an eye on how the construction will be funded and what impact that will have on player recruitment in the same way it affected Arsenal (who have dropped back in terms of trophy winning as a result). I think you will still be at Goodison for about five years even if planning permission is granted due to the financial and practical matters involved. If you do get the move I will look forward to taking my seat in the Robert Elstone Stand.
Thanks for your input mate I'm sure our billionaire owner cited as one of the modern worlds greatest financial minds hasn't thought of any of your concerns.

Peel t

Nonsense

I work in this sector and there will be no way Peel will be b=negotiating with EFC if they felt that it was not what they invisaged for the whole area why waste time talking to other parties just to 'listen' as you say.

The fact that we are talking to them shows both EFC's intent and Peels willingness to to allow such a development expecially if it increases the vaue of their portfolio in the surrounding area's and of course having top flight EPL football would increase exposure and thus value.

Not saying it deffo on but the fact we are here is ery encouraging and allowing EFC to inspect the site also tells its own story, they are not messing about.
Look, first of all I stated that IF Peel wanted to drag their feet they could, not that they ARE. Second: talk is talk. Actions are not forthcoming at this point. Thus it is still very much a possible scenario (that this could be Peel playing a straight bat).

Firstly, the banked land up the ship canal to Manchester has been developed, the final part being L2 at RSCT. This forms part of the Atlantic gateway plan (Peel ports) to offer routes into the country by vastly reducing emissions for transporting the goods.

Secondly, the plans for development of the northern docks has been preliminary approved and is included LCC's local plans, hence why Merseytravel and the council itself have plans in pace to improve the transport links in and around the area.

The site is being developed no matter what. So, and I repeat, if Peel did not want a stadium on that site the conversation would have ended on the first contact.

Exactly the point I made.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back