New Everton Stadium

Stade-2.jpg

I'd be willing to say he could get it. Doesn't even need it all up front.

His net worth went up by $500 million US over the course of last year.

Either way, any penny he could take out of his own pocket instead of out of a loan is a penny that doesn't cost us interest or council fees.

I'm sure him and Usmanov could work something out to free up the capital like they did last year with the sale of the Red and White Holdings.
you don't know that though do you? And once again he gains more by investing it elsewhere as the interest is so low on this. Im stopping here. If you don't comprehend this that's cool.

Because there's extra cost with the build and extra ongoing costs for maintenance, matchday policing etc, unnecessary spend if it's not going to be filled.

Supply and demand, once we're kings of football and we have the demand then we will supply the extra seating

50k IMO is currently too little. The premier league is the biggest sporting competition in the world. We are one of the biggest supported clubs in the UK, and this wider support only augments what is a hugely loyal locally based support. 55-60k should be at the lower end of our plans.

50k IMO is currently too little. The premier league is the biggest sporting competition in the world. We are one of the biggest supported clubs in the UK, and this wider support only augments what is a hugely loyal locally based support. 55-60k should be at the lower end of our plans.

As long the evidence is there that it'll be filled, yes. If the evidence isn't there it's pointless because you're spending unnecessary money.

At the end of the day it's really irrelevant because the money we are missing out on us from corporate hospitality, and this will resolve that issue

Because running a stadium costs more the bigger it is. You have to man it, stock it, light it, heat it, pay for the extra however many millions of tonnes worth of building materials etc etc. If they don't think they can fill a 80,000 then it's more effective to build a 50,000 seater. Let it make you money and then use that money to invest in the playing and coaching staff. Over time as the club becomes more successful we expand the stadium and our business model and it means we don't have to rely on a sugar daddy but instead moshiri has taught us to fish rather then just giving us a fish

I think 50k is too low. We would have 50k ST applications in a new ground alone.

I think 50k is too low. We would have 50k ST applications in a new ground alone.

We possibly would mate, would we go about 60 though? Possibly not until we start to see real progress on the pitch. 50 isn't the definite figure as nothing's been set in stone but I'd guess for now 55,000 would be about right. Who knows slightly more with the tourist factor which may have an impact on big weekends if we play at home for example when the Matthew Street festival is on

As long the evidence is there that it'll be filled, yes. If the evidence isn't there it's pointless because you're spending unnecessary money.

At the end of the day it's really irrelevant because the money we are missing out on us from corporate hospitality, and this will resolve that issue

I'm trying to get a ST this season but got told on the phone by the fella at the club that if renewals go as anticipated then we'll have ''more applications than there are seats in the ground.'' Add in a new stadium, an improving team, the ever growing love of PL footie then no reason we won't see huge demand. And then there's the obstructed views too. I think 60k is easily full most weeks.

stadiums can make more money on non match days than match days

conferences
tours
merchandise shops
museum
meetings
dining experience
photo shoots

In Ireland the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) has a huge income from non-sporting events at its HQ, Croke Park....the article doesn't break down exactly what the income is from non-match events at Croker, but it is clearly significant.

http://www.independent.ie/business/...and-then-gives-75m-to-the-clubs-35018720.html

Of course, revenues from sponsorship have played a big role in keeping the GAA's coffers replenished. In its last financial year (to the end of October 2015) it reported consolidated revenues of €90.6m, putting it ahead of the IRFU, which clocked up a turnover of €74m last year and considerably ahead of the FAI, which turned in €46m.

Around €55.7m of this turnover was attributable to the GAA's Central Council (charged with administering the various games and all the commercial functions), while €36.6m is attributable to Croke Park - which, apart from benefiting from match-day receipts and concerts, has built a solid and profitable business in conferences, events and stadium tours, according to McKenna.

In 2016, the income from stadium hire was €4,317,624 and the bulk of this must have come from Croke Park.

I would expect that Bramley Moore could generate £2-3M p.a. at least from tours, conferences, concerts etc

I'm trying to get a ST this season but got told on the phone by the fella at the club that if renewals go as anticipated then we'll have ''more applications than there are seats in the ground.'' Add in a new stadium, an improving team, the ever growing love of PL footie then no reason we won't see huge demand. And then there's the obstructed views too. I think 60k is easily full most weeks.

Well there you go then, that's information and I'm sure the club will use it to determine the size

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back