New Everton Stadium

You would be happy to pay more than £36 every game for an obstructed view seat in the Lower Bullens ??

Absolutely mate, without question. We're ridiculously underpriced.

I never understand this, everyone gives out about commercial revenue, you yourself expressed concerns about gate revenue, but no one wants to foot the bill to compete with contempory rivals.

No one wants to die, but everyone wants to go to heaven.

I never understand this, everyone gives out about commercial revenue, you yourself expressed concerns about gate revenue, but no one wants to foot the bill to compete with contempory rivals.

The trouble being that as I understand it, research undertaken by the club into how much fans are prepared to pay has largely been instrumental in the ST prices remaining more or less stable for the last couple of seasons. My guess is that if the team were performing as well this season as last season, then the angst over ticket prices may dissipate as a feel good factor would offset reasonable price rises. While the team under performs, prices will remain an obstacle.

The trouble being that as I understand it, research undertaken by the club into how much fans are prepared to pay has largely been instrumental in the ST prices remaining more or less stable for the last couple of seasons. My guess is that if the team were performing as well this season as last season, then the angst over ticket prices may dissipate as a feel good factor would offset reasonable price rises. While the team under performs, prices will remain an obstacle.

I think it underlines our naivety in regard to commercial processes mate!

I think it underlines our naivety in regard to commercial processes mate!

I would counter that it suggests our fan base is wary of being prepared to pay £40+ for footie in a stadium that we love, but has too many obstructed view seats... and the club take that into account when setting ticket prices. For example, 36,000 paying £36 per game is £1,296,000 as against 30,000 paying £40 per game for £1,200,000 together with reduced programme, food and beverage and merchandise sales.
Times are hard for a lot of our fan base and I feel the club tries hard to be fair to as many as possible. Everton resist the temptation to unduly squeeze the fans unlike other clubs... as we still have fans who complain about the current prices. You could argue that the club should not listen to what appears to be a minority, but as we're not in full possession of the facts and figures, I think we have to err on the side of maybe the club are trying to fair to all parties as much as possible.

That's a bit of an oxymoron mate!

Not to me it isn't.
Very simple really, I think we need more business acumen within the club and whether he is loathed by NUFC/Rangers fans/Sports Direct suppliers/customers or not, he is a very, very smart and successful businessman.

Not to me it isn't.
Very simple really, I think we need more business acumen within the club and whether he is loathed by NUFC/Rangers fans/Sports Direct suppliers/customers or not, he is a very, very smart and successful businessman.
Who gives a f@ck about business acumen, all I want to see is us winning a trophy before I go to heaven! Is that too much to ask for? Anyway, how does any loyal supporter know anything about our finances, its got nothing to do with us unless of course you are a shareholder and in that case I dont want to know you greedy so and sos. Time for church.

There's no way I'd pay £36 to sit behind a post. I love going to the game but if you can get a better view from your lounge then what's the point?! The atmosphere alone isn't worth that.

I'd happily pay more for a decent view.

Who gives a f@ck about business acumen, all I want to see is us winning a trophy before I go to heaven! Is that too much to ask for? Anyway, how does any loyal supporter know anything about our finances, its got nothing to do with us unless of course you are a shareholder and in that case I dont want to know you greedy so and sos. Time for church.

In this day and age, you need business acumen or you end up like Leeds !!!
I want trophies as much as the next Evertonian, but I also don't want the club to go t1ts up either spending money we haven't got in order to try and win trophies. We need serious investment to sort out our stadium problem AND to continue to improve the playing squad and you need business acumen to achieve both, so I for one do give a f@ck about it.

There's no way I'd pay £36 to sit behind a post. I love going to the game but if you can get a better view from your lounge then what's the point?! The atmosphere alone isn't worth that.

I'd happily pay more for a decent view.

I would too. The demand is there with virtually all unobstructed views sold consistently but it's poor offering supporters appalling views and facilities. It's scandalous that nothing has happened at GP since the third rate Park End.

Not to me it isn't.

He has absolutely ZERO interest in footballing success
The man is a profit chaser- and its reflected in player acquisition and sales, club development, club sponsorship etc.
To desire Mike Ashley is to lose footballing ambition- not the other way around.
Any success Newcastle experience is circumstantial.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back