New Everton Stadium

These people are flesh and blood. They wont be around in 10/20/30/40 years and holding that debt. It has a habit of being passed on quite a bit, as we found with the securitization deal.

Doesn't matter if your fellers are good people at the end of the day. This is not about personalities it's about an inherently unstable system that we would do very well to minimize our exposure to. 40 years dealing with traders and the loca state? I can almost guarantee you that will end in disaster at some point.

Mate, they still own and run properties they bought 40 years ago.

Sorry, but you are utterly at sea in this particular field.

But this stadium, if built, wont bear fruit for years to come. Its not a matter of build it and play in it by 2021 or something and then start adding £20M more to your transfer budget each summer from 2022.

The stadium would change our outlook in regards to big business and corporate guests. Sadly that is where the match day, and substantial revenue is.

Having attended high profile games as a corporate guest at Goodison, one 'customer' can spend as much money as the entire Park End combined. Tie that in with higher profile businesses wanting to entertain at the ground and this is where we are currently way behind our peers.

The corporate facilities at Bolton and Wigan can match if not surpass our current offing.

The new stadium would transform us.

I'm beginning to think I've missed out by blocking DaveK his rank buffoonery is becoming comedy gold and the deserved insults going his way such as above are even better.

Erm, we try not to encourage any form of insults that could be construed as 'Internet bullying'.
@davek is more than capable of standing his own corner, but as a general rule of thumb, we'd rather all members try to avoid or desist from petty insults.

That's just an appeal to authority that isn't established.

Arsed mate. I know them. I could name the lads involved.

I worked with them for 20 plus years.

The minute I heard a whisper they were involved, potentially, I doubted it. Not their usual MO. Made a few calls, all makes sense to me.

Thought you said the place wont bear fruit for years?

In that case. why bother, or build one PDQ.

It wont bear fruit for the best part of a decade at this juncture. Ergo the other poster's point that we need one to become competitive at least in the short term is null and void because a facility led progress on the pitch is not on the table for us.

We have alternatives. That's the overarching point here.

The stadium would change our outlook in regards to big business and corporate guests. Sadly that is where the match day, and substantial revenue is.

Having attended high profile games as a corporate guest at Goodison, one 'customer' can spend as much money as the entire Park End combined. Tie that in with higher profile businesses wanting to entertain at the ground and this is where we are currently way behind our peers.

The corporate facilities at Bolton and Wigan can match if not surpass our current offing.

The new stadium would transform us.
I agree, but in and of itself that's not an argument for THIS stadium scheme as proposed.

It wont bear fruit for the best part of a decade at this juncture. Ergo the other poster's point that we need one to become competitive at least in the short term is null and void because a facility led progress on the pitch is not on the table for us.

We have alternatives. That's the overarching point here.

And what alternatives are they mate?
I think it will bear fruit a lot sooner than you think... more commercial partners will come on-board before we move..

I honestly think you need to just trust in people on here who know a little more than you mate..if you don't trust the businesses trust what a fellow Evertonian is telling you from actual personal knowledge...

Arsed mate. I know them. I could name the lads involved.

I worked with them for 20 plus years.

The minute I heard a whisper they were involved, potentially, I doubted it. Not their usual MO. Made a few calls, all makes sense to me.
That's ok, I respect your word. If you say they're kosher then they must be. My point is a general one about the system they operate in and the forces they (and by extension us) will be subject to over time.

And what alternatives are they mate?
I think it will bear fruit a lot sooner than you think... more commercial partners will come on-board before we move..

I honestly think you need to just trust in people on here who know a little more than you mate..if you don't trust the businesses trust what a fellow Evertonian is telling you from actual personal knowledge...
I trust NO ONE with the future of this club. Trust has to be earned. We are dealing with unknown quantities here so forgive my resistance to handing the club carte blanche over to people I have no idea of the integrity of - either those we know and are named or those who will remain un-named.

I trust NO ONE with the future of this club. Trust has to be earned. We are dealing with unknown quantities here so forgive my resistance to handing the club carte blanche over to people I have no idea of the integrity of - either those we know and are named or those who will remain un-named.
So roydo tells you to trust him and you do.. I say exactly the same and say you need to trust him yet this is your response?? Right...

But this stadium, if built, wont bear fruit for years to come. Its not a matter of build it and play in it by 2021 or something and then start adding £20M more to your transfer budget each summer from 2022.
Firstly we still don't know exactly what is being built, will it include hotels ,shops? Until we actually start to see plans we are just guessing. However we can be fairly certain it will be a multi use stadium, able to entertain multiple events , conferences , concerts and to generally be a working venue for more than football. So along with the greatly increased corporate side ,I see no reason to suppose it won't be capable of generating significant sums from its day of opening. Secondly naming rights should deliver from the outset. That is one reason why this location is so impressive, the potential is truly mouthwatering.
Thirdly the money doesn't have to be physically in your pocket before you spend it (this I do know) :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back