New Everton Stadium

Make this of what you will, probably get moaned at and might not be news to anyone but just thought I'd pass on the info nevertheless. My uncle who's a taxi driver text me earlier, word for word it said ...

Picked an architect up Tuesday morning 7:30. Took him to Walton Hall Park. His company built the Olympic stadium. He was meeting Kenwright in London 5oclock. He reckoned 50000 capacity and better than the Emirates. He said the park is really big

Make of it of what you will
Taxi driver hey, that old chestnut

Remember the disgraceful episode from Potts re 'the plinth'.

Remember this man Potts, Savills advisor to the club, was chief among many failures of EFC in it plans over the years. He ripped the HOK/Bestway/LCC plans for the Loop site and that the plinth that would be part of it was too expensive etc etc.

When the Kirkby Shed was unveiled, guess what that had a plinth.

The HOK report on the KEIOC site http://www.keioc.net/index.php?page=hok-report

Make this of what you will, probably get moaned at and might not be news to anyone but just thought I'd pass on the info nevertheless. My uncle who's a taxi driver text me earlier, word for word it said ...

Picked an architect up Tuesday morning 7:30. Took him to Walton Hall Park. His company built the Olympic stadium. He was meeting Kenwright in London 5oclock. He reckoned 50000 capacity and better than the Emirates. He said the park is really big

Make of it of what you will
If this turns out to be true I will rep you into the heavens my friend.

If you're winding us up though lid...

Screenshot_2015-02-28-10-03-07_1.webp

Meh, take that info with a pinch of salt. The architect firm will have had to sign a confidentiality agreement, so doubt they'd be spouting off to a taxi driver.

Would windmill for weeks if its true though.

Hope its not to much like arsenals lifeless bowl, need it to be like Juventus stadium

Meh, take that info with a pinch of salt. The architect firm will have had to sign a confidentiality agreement, so doubt they'd be spouting off to a taxi driver.
Would windmill for weeks if its true though.

Hope its not to much like arsenals lifeless bowl, need it to be like Juventus stadium

100% that when it happends it wont be lifeless bowl. .first thing that theyll say to architechts is that "keep our traditions in mind"(it will have similarties with goodison)

Last edited:
I knew it would cause some controversy, I pondered for hours whether to post what he said or not but I thought just to bite the bullet and take the stick that comes with it. Just passing on info what I got told, if people want to neg me for it that's fine. Here's the original text I got ...

image.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back