New Everton Stadium

I knew it would cause some controversy, I pondered for hours whether to post what he said or not but I thought just to bite the bullet and take the stick that comes with it. Just passing on info what I got told, if people want to neg me for it that's fine. Here's the original text I got ...

View attachment 7053

Is your uncle a known wind-up merchant? Still exciting though!

Meh, take that info with a pinch of salt. The architect firm will have had to sign a confidentiality agreement, so doubt they'd be spouting off to a taxi driver.

Would windmill for weeks if its true though.

Hope its not to much like arsenals lifeless bowl, need it to be like Juventus stadium
It makes sense with the new TV money that this will be possible. Hopefully we can get this built over the next few seasons. Time is ticking.

Agree to an extent (see my later post when I try to guess what will be in the next accounts - and it is a guess!!). However from previous accounts showing a pattern of how the current board operates and some knowledge of the structure of the debt, you can be reasonably certain that the cash in the bank has not been used to pay off existing debt in any great meaningful way. People who believe that Everton are practically debt-free are likely to be misguided
Businesses don't run debt free unless they're tiny and aren't trusted by lenders.

20m or is it 30m of our debt is a long term mortgage that we only have spend 3m a year paying off and when you consider our revenue is about 120m it's practically a non-issue.

Hopefully we still have enough to buy a couple of young wingers that will grow with the rest of our young players but I'm fine with a couple of seasons to get the stadium built.

With FFP in place and a proper stadium we would challenge City and Chelsea if we got into the champions league for spending power.

If we don't Spurs, maybe Liverpool will beat us to it and then we'll be screwed just like at the start of the premiership. For once we have to think long term.

Businesses don't run debt free unless they're tiny and aren't trusted by lenders.

20m or is it 30m of our debt is a long term mortgage that we only have spend 3m a year paying off and when you consider our revenue is about 120m it's practically a non-issue.

Hopefully we still have enough to buy a couple of young wingers that will grow with the rest of our young players but I'm fine with a couple of seasons to get the stadium built.

With FFP in place and a proper stadium we would challenge City and Chelsea if we got into the champions league for spending power.

If we don't Spurs, maybe Liverpool will beat us to it and then we'll be screwed just like at the start of the premiership. For once we have to think long term.

I think the stadium revenues will become less and less relevant. In context, the best scenario for matchday revenues is an increase from £20m to £30m - Chelsea have just signed a £40m a year shirt sponsorship deal. Getting into further debt for £10m a year is not going to make a difference. Sorting out the commercial side of the club would be far more beneficial

Make this of what you will, probably get moaned at and might not be news to anyone but just thought I'd pass on the info nevertheless. My uncle who's a taxi driver text me earlier, word for word it said ...

Picked an architect up Tuesday morning 7:30. Took him to Walton Hall Park. His company built the Olympic stadium. He was meeting Kenwright in London 5oclock. He reckoned 50000 capacity and better than the Emirates. He said the park is really big

Make of it of what you will
Don't pass on anything you hear to these misery guts. Even if someone was on the wind up to your uncle, it still is a bit of excitement, & thanks for sharing!

I think the stadium revenues will become less and less relevant. In context, the best scenario for matchday revenues is an increase from £20m to £30m - Chelsea have just signed a £40m a year shirt sponsorship deal. Getting into further debt for £10m a year is not going to make a difference. Sorting out the commercial side of the club would be far more beneficial
Shirt sponsorship like most comercial deals is 1. Only available to the top teams who already have the most expensive squads and 2. Totally dependant on them staying there. A couple of seasons like Man Utd and Chelsea could drop out forever.

A stadium is great for the image which helps the comercial aspect, long term and sustainable revenue. You can't really sort out the comercial aspect before the stadium. With FFP this is the only way now to grow a club.

Arsenal and Utd both look the strongest most stable clubs that can cope with bad seasons due to their stadiums.

Shirt sponsorship like most comercial deals is 1. Only available to the top teams who already have the most expensive squads and 2. Totally dependant on them staying there. A couple of seasons like Man Utd and Chelsea could drop out forever.

A stadium is great for the image which helps the comercial aspect, long term and sustainable revenue. You can't really sort out the comercial aspect before the stadium. With FFP this is the only way now to grow a club.

Arsenal and Utd both look the strongest most stable clubs that can cope with bad seasons due to their stadiums.

Both Arsenal and United have amazing matchday revenues. Arsenal because they are in London, United because they can pull in the corporate seats on the strength of their brand. A new stadium is not going to deliver either of those scenarios to Everton. Nor is a new stadium going to pull in a better shirt deal or any of the other commercial sponsorships that could be pulled in now.

I genuinely don't think that the new stadium will change much for the club - I'd rather see redevelopment of Goodison and the money put into the squad

Make this of what you will, probably get moaned at and might not be news to anyone but just thought I'd pass on the info nevertheless. My uncle who's a taxi driver text me earlier, word for word it said ...

Picked an architect up Tuesday morning 7:30. Took him to Walton Hall Park. His company built the Olympic stadium. He was meeting Kenwright in London 5oclock. He reckoned 50000 capacity and better than the Emirates. He said the park is really big

Make of it of what you will

We have £450m?

Couldn't agree with you more. We can't attract sponsership like Chelsea, but surely we could gain more favourable terms then the current one with Chang. Even the naming rights to finch farm, could go towards the rental costs. However our biggest loss is that awful deal with kitbag. It was such a silly and shortsighted deal, that is typical of how our board operates. Oh to have someone like sir terry leahy on board in an advisor role, he would surely shake up the commercial side of the business.

Awesome news. I actually heard a couple of weeks ago something along the same lines, same company as done the Olmpic Stadium are confirmed to be doing one for us.

My brother in law works for the them and the main architects name (presumably the same one as in efc1878's post) is Art Vandelay.
6e699a9c4f9e80ea0f836c302528d315.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back