New Everton Stadium

The stadium is only the start.
Why are we looking to buy back Finch Farm if we are struggling for money.
There are plans afoot that no one except the chosen few.
Even Arsenal fans realise that Usmanov is getting out of Arsenal.
Kronke won’t sell no matter what.
He wants the club in his total control and incorporated in America
It’s a cash cow and a great asset he can leverage to fund his other sporting interests.
Wether Usmanov comes openly or behind Moshiri no one knows , but there’s too much money and pride st stake for this to be Small time

Not sure what any of that has to do with us getting 50k plus crowds from the off.

If gate receipts aren’t so important, then why not go further to encouraging cheaper pricing making it more accessible, economies of scale in terms of more lower priced seats, I’d rather encourage more to come than restrict new blues through waiting lists and high prices

Admire your positivity, but I just can't see us getting over 50k home crowds sat mid-table.

Mid-table i could see 45-48 average, challenging top 4-title then maybe 50+average.

When we had less info from the club, I would have been more in agreement with you. However, over the past year or so, certain things have made me think that 50K+ would be quite easily achieved for a club with our fanbase.

60K is basically the new 50K in this era. For years a lot of people were led to believe that Newcastle getting 50K+ was some unbelievable achievement because quite simply, no other clubs had been able to see for themselves if they could get those types of crowds. The best comparison we have to use for our circumstance is Man City in 2004. They were a North West Club with a fanbase of a similar demographic to ourselves, shared a City with a more successful media darling club and had been starved of success for years. Over history they had lower average crowds than Everton and had suffered multiple relegation's in recent years. After coming 9th (our current position) they moved to the Etihad and went from 34k to 46K.

If they could get an increase of 12K then why couldn't we? After coming as low as 16th in their first season they averaged 45K the next. That is purely down to the New Stadium enthusiasm. It would take Everton to have about 3 consecutive seasons like this current one for crowds to be at risk of dropping far lower, and even then if we get the ticket deals right, the drop off may not happen. Look at West Ham and how annoyed their fans are with their Stadium which won't be anywhere near as good as ours once done, and they have sold 52K season tickets.

Admire your positivity, but I just can't see us getting over 50k home crowds sat mid-table.

Mid-table i could see 45-48 average, challenging top 4-title then maybe 50+average.

Thing is we sell 40k now. Add 5k corp (whether they are there or not) that's 45. Let's say we have 3/4k who would go to Walton now even with the facilities and single obstructed view seasts that's 48. Factor in you can walk from town, could sit with your mates and there's bars you can actually get food and drink at and it's not too difficult to imagine 50 even on quiet nights.

Thing is we sell 40k now. Add 5k corp (whether they are there or not) that's 45. Let's say we have 3/4k who would go to Walton now even with the facilities and single obstructed view seasts that's 48. Factor in you can walk from town, could sit with your mates and there's bars you can actually get food and drink at and it's not too difficult to imagine 50 even on quiet nights.

You are presumiong we will sell all those 5k corp tickets.

Why would anyone come to us for corp while sat mid tible, when they can go to 3 other north west clubs in the champions leage, challenging for trophies.

Getting 50k average is a 25% increase....thats massive, and unless we improve on the pitch, I cant see is getting that, I may be wrong.

Also, this 40k we have now.....how many of these would have not bothered this season, had we been this bad last season ?? or with Sam last season ??

I doubt we would have broke season ticket sales.

Why would anyone come to us for corp while sat mid tible, when they can go to 3 other north west clubs in the champions leage, challenging for trophies.

Getting 50k average is a 25% increase....thats massive, and unless we improve on the pitch, I cant see is getting that, I may be wrong.

Also, this 40k we have now.....how many of these would have not bothered this season, had we been this bad last season ?? or with Sam last season ??

All our corporate lounges are over subscribed are they not? And they must be the worst range in the league.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/05/30/goodison-hospitality-sold-out-for-201718

Whats peoples opinions with the facade of the building? Metal or brickwork? Looking at the warehouses around the waterfront they still look incredible! Timeless. Would love a brickwork shell to blend in with the rest of the docks. Less chance in losing the WHS thingy too i'd guess.

I think a combination of the two is the way the Architect will probably go. Some sort of nod to the architectural features and materials in the docks together with state of the art iconic design.

I was interested when Elstone mentioned that the club were looking to the fans to have an input into the stadium design. I was wondering if he was thinking of doing something like the club badge and get the architect to submit, say 3 basic outline proposals and get the fans to vote on their favourite.
Imagine the drama....

When we had less info from the club, I would have been more in agreement with you. However, over the past year or so, certain things have made me think that 50K+ would be quite easily achieved for a club with our fanbase.

60K is basically the new 50K in this era. For years a lot of people were led to believe that Newcastle getting 50K+ was some unbelievable achievement because quite simply, no other clubs had been able to see for themselves if they could get those types of crowds. The best comparison we have to use for our circumstance is Man City in 2004. They were a North West Club with a fanbase of a similar demographic to ourselves, shared a City with a more successful media darling club and had been starved of success for years. Over history they had lower average crowds than Everton and had suffered multiple relegation's in recent years. After coming 9th (our current position) they moved to the Etihad and went from 34k to 46K.

If they could get an increase of 12K then why couldn't we? After coming as low as 16th in their first season they averaged 45K the next. That is purely down to the New Stadium enthusiasm. It would take Everton to have about 3 consecutive seasons like this current one for crowds to be at risk of dropping far lower, and even then if we get the ticket deals right, the drop off may not happen. Look at West Ham and how annoyed their fans are with their Stadium which won't be anywhere near as good as ours once done, and they have sold 52K season tickets.
In regards to the Etihad it was purposely built for the CWG then City moved in.
With Bramley Moore its purposely built for Everton Football Club which will appeal to lots of armchair fans.
Think its been said before but nearly all ST holders have friends,family members who are not, these friends and family members have said if we get a new stadium at Bramley Moore they will purchase a ST

Shouldn't blend in with the warehouses it should stand out, it needs to have the wow factor to it
We could have tinsel and christmas tree lights around the roof, like really nice and sparkley! Maybe even an angel with Bill Kenwright's face on it overlooking the new "Boys' Pen" so nobody can forget our hero who took 25 years and two failed stadium moves to finally get us out of Goodison and the Premier League.

Location.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back