New Everton Stadium

Because with a successful team built with an investors money the crowd will come
If we get top 4 regularly we would sell out 60,000 for 90% of home games.

I agree....but thats a massive ‘if’.

My point, from the start was if we dont close that huge gap now, then we wont be anywere near filling it, so for that time everyone should be prepared to take the stick about empty crowds, like city get!

I agree....but thats a massive ‘if’.

My point, from the start was if we dont close that huge gap now, then we wont be anywere near filling it, so for that time everyone should be prepared to take the stick about empty crowds, like city get!

Well if Moshiri signs off on a smaller stadium we will know what his real ambition is ,top 6/7
If he signs off on a 60k plus stadium then it would appear his ambition matches that of the fans
Time will tell

It’s not n the PL interest to have a gap between the top 6 and the rest
The beauty of the PL is that anyone can beat anyone on a given day
RS best City and next game lose to Swansea , that’s part of its global appeal.
In France only 1/2 teams can win the league , same in Spain , Italy Etc
In the PL it’s 5/6 teams
That’s why the TV money will be to a degree equally shared out , to keep it competitive
Completely agree. If they were to go down that route it will kill the 'product.' I have thought for a long time that the PL would like to see football in this country reduced to 40 clubs across a PL 1 & 2. Scudamore & co know that over time the next generations would naturally gravitate to those clubs, and the others would be consigned to non-league for eternity with ever reducing fan bases. It probably irks the PL that they have to distribute the wealth (via the EFL) across 92 clubs rather than a much smaller number. That would the signal death knell for many historic clubs that have been part of their communities for over a century. It would be national disgrace but it would not surprise me if that is the model Scudamore would like to see. Let's hope it never ever happens as all football clubs (big or small) are part of the fabric of British society.

I'm very concerned about the debt we'll shoulder from any stadium build at BMD. And I think that's entirely justifiable when you see what's happened to other major stadia build projects in the British Isles. The disparity between initial costs and the actual eventual/updated costs are frightening:

New Wembley stadium £240M inflated to £790M
Spurs Stadium £400M inflated to £850M
Chelsea £500M now anticipated to be £1 billion
Aviva stadium €250M inflated to €450M
And the bill for the redevelopment of Anfield has gone from £150M to an anticipated £260M

We are looking at a 100% overshoot on initial cost projections for BMD, perhaps more. Now whether that's starting at the £350M initially stated or the recent £500M figure, doubling either of those figures will land us with an almighty boulder that we have to keep pushing up a hill for decades.

This is too great a project for us to manage without partners to take the strain with us. Our situation is precarious in terms of how unbalanced are revenue streams are to support ourselves and we'll be exposed to many dangers over a long period.

The plan is flawed as I see it and if it's to continue we either need to scale down the project (not what most want), take a new model for funding it, or walk away.

Told you before mate, my biggest concern here is not seeing EFC saddled with a nightmare debt for decades which leaves us teetering on the brink with any future catastrophic dip in form or the projected tv revenue that we rely on like a smackhead goes down significantly...both of which are at least possible.

I appreciate your misgivings Dave, but no two ways about it the club will incur debt to build a new stadium. Spurs did, Chelsea will and even lesser clubs will incur debt to improve their facilities. Think if you want to house improvement have you the cash to do so or is it a loan? No club has that kind of cash lying around to do a stadium even (which will not happen) as kolk have talked to refurb GP would create debt.

As you indicate it is the size that is of concern but ATM we have no idea yet only speculation but I do believe this has been looked into and plans laid to D/W.

I'm very concerned about the debt we'll shoulder from any stadium build at BMD. And I think that's entirely justifiable when you see what's happened to other major stadia build projects in the British Isles. The disparity between initial costs and the actual eventual/updated costs are frightening:

And the bill for the redevelopment of Anfield has gone from £150M to an anticipated £260M

We are looking at a 100% overshoot on initial cost projections for BMD, perhaps more. Now whether that's starting at the £350M initially stated or the recent £500M figure, doubling either of those figures will land us with an almighty boulder that we have to keep pushing up a hill for decades.

This is too great a project for us to manage without partners to take the strain with us. Our situation is precarious in terms of how unbalanced are revenue streams are to support ourselves and we'll be exposed to many dangers over a long period.

The plan is flawed as I see it and if it's to continue we either need to scale down the project (not what most want), take a new model for funding it, or walk away.
I said before the 500M re-jig it would hit 600M, I'll raise that to 750M
Also, I believe that Elstone stated at the AGM that if costs escalate they'll walk.

And funding WASN'T dependent on the Games, no not at all.

Completely agree. If they were to go down that route it will kill the 'product.' I have thought for a long time that the PL would like to see football in this country reduced to 40 clubs across a PL 1 & 2. Scudamore & co know that over time the next generations would naturally gravitate to those clubs, and the others would be consigned to non-league for eternity with ever reducing fan bases. It probably irks the PL that they have to distribute the wealth (via the EFL) across 92 clubs rather than a much smaller number. That would the signal death knell for many historic clubs that have been part of their communities for over a century. It would be national disgrace but it would not surprise me if that is the model Scudamore would like to see. Let's hope it never ever happens as all football clubs (big or small) are part of the fabric of British society.
That could be the plan with division 3 and 4 made up of reserve / U23s sides
Makes economic sense for the bigger clubs but where would the next Vardy come from or the next Dele Ali or Stones

To where Dave? Old GP, obstructed views, costly maintenance, very poor facilities, uneconomical attendance figures, little prospect of generating real income other than PL money.

BTW Dave will you still be around in 20 years? Doubt if I will - so why worry!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back