New Everton Stadium

literally every new stadium being built is north of 60k... and yet here we are with our billionaire, 'give us all he's got' ....mr iconic himself, saying that 50k would be a good start point for us.

Wolves in the championship are looking to redevelop to 55k, sunderland who will be league one are 55k..

what does this say about our ambitions???

NSNO - mmm yeah ok
Where are you getting these numbers? Sunderland is under 49k and Wolves are looking to expand to sub 40k if they get promoted and hope to have potential to expand to 50k in the future if necessary.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...s-fans-back-south-bank-expansion-at-molineux/

As for “literally every new stadium being north of 60k” that covers Spurs, Chelsea and (62k and 60k respectively). City have permission to expand but aren’t just yet and Liverpool have decided to stay at 55k for now. Juve downsized recently and Roma’s will have 52-55k.

Edit: Just seen Liverpool are hoping to now expand to 60k so apologies. That story was posted today though so they’ve only just decided that it seems

Where are you getting these numbers? Sunderland is under 49k and Wolves are looking to expand to sub 40k if they get promoted and hope to have potential to expand to 50k in the future if necessary.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...s-fans-back-south-bank-expansion-at-molineux/

As for “literally every new stadium being north of 60k” that covers Spurs, Chelsea and (62k and 60k respectively). City have permission to expand but aren’t just yet and Liverpool have decided to stay at 55k for now. Juve downsized recently and Roma’s will have 52-55k.

Edit: Just seen Liverpool are hoping to now expand to 60k so apologies. That story was posted today though so they’ve only just decided that it seems

Some might say some on here have an agenda and will post any tripe that others of the same volition will "like".

I've not read much on here, last couple of pages. But I really hope that if/when you move, the club will listen you you EFC supporters better than my club has.

And first and foremost, the price of match tickets and season cards needs to be affordable to the ones who go now. If they get this wrong then I think many will inevitably be priced out of the game. And we(at the 'Emptyhad') are seeing a slow and steady drop off of diehards who are slowly getting priced out with no option than throwing the towel in, forced to watch games in the pub or at home.

Moving stadium is a dread for many to comprehend and accept, especially you diehards who have attended all your life whatever the circumstance of how well the club is playing on the pitch. Every one of you who have been will have the memory of Goodison park etched proudly into your minds eye with eternal fondness of the place you love.

The terraces you once stood on as proud supporters through good and bad with your mates have gone, replaced with sanitised seating many never wanted to sit in. Roaring the Toffeemen on is something I've seen several times from the away section, and it's one of the few traditional grounds left

I hope the club listens carefully to your collective voice of concern, as each one of you is a fine thread of royal blue, proudly etched deep into your clubs rich tapestry since the club formed. Just like I am to my club.

If your pleas are not met, your rich tapestry of EFC will fray and fade to slowly die a sorry death, and alienated from being 'the people's club' it still is now.

I sincerely hope your club listens and they get it right. I wish you well and future good luck lads(apart from playing us of course:pint2:).

CTID.

I've not read much on here, last couple of pages. But I really hope that if/when you move, the club will listen you you EFC supporters better than my club has.

And first and foremost, the price of match tickets and season cards needs to be affordable to the ones who go now. If they get this wrong then I think many will inevitably be priced out of the game. And we(at the 'Emptyhad') are seeing a slow and steady drop off of diehards who are slowly getting priced out with no option than throwing the towel in, forced to watch games in the pub or at home.

Moving stadium is a dread for many to comprehend and accept, especially you diehards who have attended all your life whatever the circumstance of how well the club is playing on the pitch. Every one of you who have been will have the memory of Goodison park etched proudly into your minds eye with eternal fondness of the place you love.

The terraces you once stood on as proud supporters through good and bad with your mates have gone, replaced with sanitised seating many never wanted to sit in. Roaring the Toffeemen on is something I've seen several times from the away section, and it's one of the few traditional grounds left

I hope the club listens carefully to your collective voice of concern, as each one of you is a fine thread of royal blue, proudly etched deep into your clubs rich tapestry since the club formed. Just like I am to my club.

If your pleas are not met, your rich tapestry of EFC will fray and fade to slowly die a sorry death, and alienated from being 'the people's club' it still is now.

I sincerely hope your club listens and they get it right. I wish you well and future good luck lads(apart from playing us of course:pint2:).

CTID.

Wernt you pretty much given your ground though?

We rent it mate. It's a 'council house'. I grew up in a council house so I have no problem if it's owned or not tbh.

Sound. Ta.

Same difference really. You didnt have to fund it. Unfortunately we do.

The main reason we are giddy/sceptical about this new ground is complicated by 2 factors.

1. Everton have a history of mucking up previous attempts at moving.

2. The location, to us, is hugely symbolic. It isnt getting even close to over egging the cake to say this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a docklands stadium. In Liverpool, that means a lot.

So add 1 and 2 together, and you will start to see why we are giddy/sceptical.

Me, I firmly believe it will happen, for a ton of reasons. Others less so.

The narrative at the time was that the fact he didnt have to buy a ground was a key factor in plucking them from obscurity, football wise, in the first place.

That could well be true, but he could easily have afforded to build Man City a new stadium.

He's worth about £30bn. What does it cost to build a really good new stadium these days? About £600million?

And the 55,000 is absolute minimum that should be decided on only with a stadium build that realistically offers the opportunity to increase capacity another 10,000-15,000.

That’ll be a difficult balance imo. We wouldn’t want any part of the stadium to look partially completed or feel like something is missing in the hope that one day an extension is added. We also wouldn’t want any potential extension to look like an obvious bolt on like the big stand across the park.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out

That could well be true, but he could easily have afforded to build Man City a new stadium.

He's worth about £30bn. What does it cost to build a really good new stadium these days? About £600million?
When Sheikhy boss man rocked up with ADUG, he/they had concerns about our stadium with Greater Manchester council, about the renting of it. I'm not expert in the ins and outs of it, I speak only as a supporter. But they must of reached an amicable agreement, as ADUG did consider building a new stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back