New Everton Stadium Discussion

As I understand it, only once safe standing is approved.

(the capacity will grow by whatever ratio is approved, but I believe the stand has been designed for 1.8 persons to 1 seated space - in specific areas)
Do you know what the capacity would be if that was allowed? I’m presuming > 60k

For what ever reason, during the current Covid time it might make good sense. But why should the RS get money for ground improvements they've already done? Something fishy there.

Why on a seperate matter does Rick Parry back the proposals to change the league? Blimey AC-12 would have a job sorting this lot out never mind Fifa and World Cups it's rotten to the core in this country.

Rick Parry is the new Sepp Blatter, made in Anfield. :)

indykaila News
@indykaila

Everton would potentially be able to claim back £250 million on their proposed new £500 million Bramley Moore dock stadium under Project Big Picture. #EFC

I think the stadium funding is actually not a problem, because its exempt from FFP, owners can pile as much money as they like into the stadium and training ground, off the books. That being said, I am sure the club would like to get £250m back, once the stadium is built from the premier league, to then plough into the squad. This could be a way for owners to "Launder" their money in a way, because they could plough money into the stadium and training ground and then get half of it back from the league, to put into the team. Whereas they cannot spend more than they make normally, without incurring FFP penalties.

That being said I am not a fan of some of the parts of "Project Big Picture". I think the league cup should be kept (even if the teams in Europe are not part of it) and I think under the new structure all premier league teams should have an equal vote on any future changes.

See Spurs have got another 500 seats added to their capacity, hand in hand with Harringay council. I'm sure when our stadium is eventually built, we will be doing practically the same.

According to Haringey Council documents, Spurs' newly 62,850 capacity, approved on Friday, is "the total amount that they can achieve without significant alterations to the stadium".

Spurs confirmed to the council that is the final application for a non-material amendment seeking an increase to the seating capacity of the ground.

The additional seats will be located across lower, mid and upper tiers and in the huge south stand.

The report explains that "the additional seats will be accommodated through minor modifications to the south west and south east tunnels, the insertion of seats in areas such as the lateral gangway in front of the media tribune, through reconfigured access points and the introduction of some demountable terracing to allow greater flexibility between wheelchair platform and standard seating configurations".

1,389 seats (2.3% increase) gained since being granted planning permission in 2016. Looks like that's the ceiling without major changes.

According to Haringey Council documents, Spurs' newly 62,850 capacity, approved on Friday, is "the total amount that they can achieve without significant alterations to the stadium".

Spurs confirmed to the council that is the final application for a non-material amendment seeking an increase to the seating capacity of the ground.

The additional seats will be located across lower, mid and upper tiers and in the huge south stand.

The report explains that "the additional seats will be accommodated through minor modifications to the south west and south east tunnels, the insertion of seats in areas such as the lateral gangway in front of the media tribune, through reconfigured access points and the introduction of some demountable terracing to allow greater flexibility between wheelchair platform and standard seating configurations".

1,389 seats (2.3% increase) gained since being granted planning permission in 2016. Looks like that's the ceiling without major changes.
It might just be a wild guess but, in a post covid world where, as we have seen in other cases over the years, temporary regulations seem to last longer than the permanent kind.
When ever we do get spectators back, it won't be anytime soon that clubs will have a full house.
52,000 will become 39,000
We might as well get ahead of the curve and score another first...The first purpose built Covid stadium.
Save the money on buying 52,000 seats, just put in 39,000 well spaced out ones instead.

It might just be a wild guess but, in a post covid world where, as we have seen in other cases over the years, temporary regulations seem to last longer than the permanent kind.
When ever we do get spectators back, it won't be anytime soon that clubs will have a full house.
52,000 will become 39,000
We might as well get ahead of the curve and score another first...The first purpose built Covid stadium.
Save the money on buying 52,000 seats, just put in 39,000 well spaced out ones instead.

No thanks.