New Everton Stadium Discussion

I got to attend an MLS game at each of Ny Red Bulls in Jersey City and NY City in NY, completely different match day experience to the norm here but looks like it’s a template for BMD. It can PE pricey yes but the civilised atmosphere, choice of food and drinks etc was very family friendly. Bring it on!

Well an American "soccer" fan isn't the same as your common english, European, or world football fan really.

Go to a jets game that's more reflective in terms of supporters. Still expensive but they can be rowdy as well.

Having done the survey I don’t think I will be renewing my season ticket when we move,
I'll be renewing in order that I'm guaranteed a spec at BMD.
How long after that first season is up in the air. From memory the Bronze option is just about affordable and as one of those travelling a distance, I'm attracted to getting to the ground a couple of hours early, and not breaking my neck to leave at the end.

The more Usmanov is linked to the club, the more I can't help but think that he will become the major private funding partner in the stadium.
It would make sense, that way he has a major share in Everton (considering the stadium will be a huge asset) without actually having to purchase or invest in the club - and will then avoid any PL rules.
If he majority 'owned' our major asset that could be a good middle ground.

I thought pricing was reasonable.
220 to 260 for kids seasons.
560 to 750 for adult.

Standard.
I thought so too although I'm sure I saw cheaper than 550 for a general adult ticket in the north stand did anyone else see 480?

Although the prices are hypothetical I think 550 is fair and with direct debit options available etc hopefully it will still be affordable for as many as possible..

I don't think the packages were compulsory was they, just options on what they will have available and would you be interested in, I'm sure it said there would still just be a standard season ticket like the way it is now

That is correct mate. There will be just your standard season ticket offer for those that just want to go the match.

The survey was basically just to gage opinion on hospitality, would a person's spend increase, length of time we'd be at the stadium, spending habits during that time.

I was hoping for a copper package myself!

I'd still definitely be trying one of the hospitaliry packages once in a while with my son though and 100% would prefer to be spending time at the ground before/after the match and make a bit more of a day of it.

I thought pricing was reasonable.
220 to 260 for kids seasons.
560 to 750 for adult.

Standard.
Thanks for that. I didn't see any prices for ordinary season tickets. I suggested I was interested in a package and was just asked about the price I would pay. Looks like if you said you just wanted a standard season ticket you were asked different questions. Clever stuff.

The more Usmanov is linked to the club, the more I can't help but think that he will become the major private funding partner in the stadium.
It would make sense, that way he has a major share in Everton (considering the stadium will be a huge asset) without actually having to purchase or invest in the club - and will then avoid any PL rules.
If he majority 'owned' our major asset that could be a good middle ground.
Wishful thinking but imagine if he paid for the stadium or the lion's share of it. Easy way to side step FFP. Maybe we will rent it on a 999 year lease or similar. Who knows? Certainly, EFC have give little away regards financing.

Easy way to side step FFP.

It wouldn't be sidestepping FFP at all. FFP doesn't include stadium spending.

This is why it baffles me that he's apparently willing to indulge in a massively above market rate naming rights deal, which could genuinely get the club into hot water with UEFA. Why not just become part owner and spend the money direct on the stadium? Maybe I'm missing something complex and clever that they're doing (wouldn't be surprised :hayee: ) but it seems way too convoluted when FFP already allows for as much stadium spending as you like.

It wouldn't be sidestepping FFP at all. FFP doesn't include stadium spending.

This is why it baffles me that he's apparently willing to indulge in a massively above market rate naming rights deal, which could genuinely get the club into hot water with UEFA. Why not just become part owner and spend the money direct on the stadium? Maybe I'm missing something complex and clever that they're doing (wouldn't be surprised :hayee: ) but it seems way too convoluted when FFP already allows for as much stadium spending as you like.

Naming rights act as income, so helps with FFP limits. Like you say, spending on the ground has zero impact.