New Everton Stadium Discussion

It wouldn't be sidestepping FFP at all. FFP doesn't include stadium spending.

This is why it baffles me that he's apparently willing to indulge in a massively above market rate naming rights deal, which could genuinely get the club into hot water with UEFA. Why not just become part owner and spend the money direct on the stadium? Maybe I'm missing something complex and clever that they're doing (wouldn't be surprised :hayee: ) but it seems way too convoluted when FFP already allows for as much stadium spending as you like.

Wasn't Daniel Levy complaining about Usmanov sponsoring our stadium though mate ? What was it a measly 200/300m fee being mentioned. Have you any knowledge about this, serious question.

This is why it baffles me that he's apparently willing to indulge in a massively above market rate naming rights deal, which could genuinely get the club into hot water with UEFA. Why not just become part owner and spend the money direct on the stadium? Maybe I'm missing something complex and clever that they're doing (wouldn't be surprised :hayee: ) but it seems way too convoluted when FFP already allows for as much stadium spending as you like.
That's what I meant. There is always a way around.

UEFA wants clubs to invest in their infrastructure so spending on stadiums is excluded from FFP calculations. However, income derived from Stadiums is included. Whether that is match day income or naming rights.

As for becoming a part owner if Usmanov does that and Usmanov faces sanctions from the UK or US governments then it could affect Everton. Usmanov's business partner Skoch is already subject to sanctions and Usmanov himself was on a list of Oligarchs named by the US authorities that may face sanctions in the future.

It makes sense to keep Usmanov and Everton apart.

there was something about it being a heritage site and people like to fly kites and walk dogs around the dock? Also something about it having to stay being used as a dock .. meh .. Mosh has drop quite a few mill into this .. LCC like money as they dont have any of it .... im sure it will get done

UEFA wants clubs to invest in their infrastructure so spending on stadiums is excluded from FFP calculations. However, income derived from Stadiums is included. Whether that is match day income or naming rights.

As for becoming a part owner if Usmanov does that and Usmanov faces sanctions from the UK or US governments then it could affect Everton. Usmanov's business partner Skoch is already subject to sanctions and Usmanov himself was on a list of Oligarchs named by the US authorities that may face sanctions in the future.

It makes sense to keep Usmanov and Everton apart.
Makes Sense for us, EFC, but why does it make sense for him... what does he gain by pumping money in?

Makes Sense for us, EFC, but why does it make sense for him... what does he gain by pumping money in?

Several theories, cos none of us actually know.

Ego after not getting his hands on Arsenal.
Actually really likes football, and this way is easier than buying the club.
Him, Mosh, and a few others are playing a long game with the ground kick starting a massive development that coins it in. (My fave).
Bit of each.

Althere was something about it being a heritage site and people like to fly kites and walk dogs around the dock?so something about it having to stay being used as a dock .. meh .. Mosh has drop quite a few mill into this .. LCC like money as they dont have any of it .... im sure it will get done

What a load of rhubarb. Some people will do anything to get it stopped.

Several theories, cos none of us actually know.

Ego after not getting his hands on Arsenal.
Actually really likes football, and this way is easier than buying the club.
Him, Mosh, and a few others are playing a long game with the ground kick starting a massive development that coins it in. (My fave).
Bit of each.
Ok that makes some sense... if they are to coin it in, what does the ownership of the development look like... will we not own it if we get loans for it...

Does anyone know how many safe standing seats are planned for the new stadium?

ive been reading that safe standing could well be introduced soon to the Premier league?

BMD is being built in a way so a ratio of 1:1.5 would be possible if the regulations allow which would push us close to 60k with only 6k safe standing seats needed.