New Everton Stadium

The Echo arena was pretty small beer compared to the scale of this.

Hope Im wrong, but the Sec of State will call this in. I'd expect a go ahead from there, but it'll cost us time.

Disagree there. The Kings Dock is now home to permanent housing, an indoor arena, an indoor conference centre, a hotel, apartments for short stay, various restaurants, a car park and is adjacent to one of the city's jewels. The footfall and usage on KD is constant in a non-pandemic world.

Your reason for a SoS call in is purely that it is a WHS? What's going to come to light there that isn't already known?

Historic England, bunch of Kopites lad. Imagine objecting about a dock that nobody outside of Liverpool ever heard about before.. the only reason I've heard of it is because of Everton, I'd have never gone anywhere near the docks in Liverpool but will once the stadium is done.. historic England... you'd think we wanted to take down Stonehenge and use it as building materials.
I went around the dock about 8 years ago. It is a complete dump and most of it had been left to rot. So where was Historic England then, or in previous years when it was left to ruin? Their interest only came when we started looking at it.

How far down the road did we get with kings dock? Was planning approved and contractors assigned? Was it purely down to cash it failed? Also was that the same as the Tesco express stadium?

Inappropriate Language
I don’t get it, this World heritage malarky and historic England, 2 minutes down the road on Princess dock is like Dubai, sky scrapers all over the gaff, right next to the Liver bird, full of chit if you ask me.
First picture is taken from in amongst all new buildings, plush apartments. 2nd picture is Princess Dock, part of it left to rot, are we really leaving the rest of the docks like the 2nd picture, get fcked with your historical bullchit.

7234637F-A55A-4424-A83D-47F404B7307F.jpeg

6A213519-B8E7-4442-B5B9-0D6DE7BA953A.jpeg

Unlike (seemingly) many on here, I have only got a limited knowledge of the whole PP circus. I do know that there are a bewilderingly complex number of rules and proceedures that have to be followed and met, so after the Planning Officer has recommended that the LCC approve the build, I assume they have all been met.

So, I fail to see what the national and international dimensions are. Its a football ground on a derelict dock, not an airport on the New Forest.
The problem is always one of interpretation and the weight given to competing interests. The local authority can be fully satisfied that policy tests have been met, but the SoS or an independent planning inspector may take a different view based on the same evidence.

As a planning policy officer I used to write local planning policies and it was sobering to see how many times our development control officers misread the purpose and intent of those policies, sometimes deliberately if it made their lives easier in dealing with aggressive applicants.

If your own side can put a spin on things, it is even more likely that opponents can and will.

How far down the road did we get with kings dock? Was planning approved and contractors assigned? Was it purely down to cash it failed? Also was that the same as the Tesco express stadium?
Kirkby got planning approval but then got called in by the government and rejected.

That scheme was a shambles from beginning to end. Lie after lie after lie.

It still amazes me that odious charlatan Kenwright survived that and is still here, with some still supporting him.

Just wondering how many reds will be on the committee, am sure they will do all they can to stop or delay it.

If it's anything like our planning meeting you'll find out who your councillors support at the start when they have to declare any potential conflicts of interest. One was apparently a big Norwich fan. We're the closest PL team geographically to them so maybe he felt he needed to mention it. :hayee:

Anyway, excellent news and fingers crossed it's smooth sailing from now on. Looking forward to watching this beast go up over the next few years. ;)

I don’t get it, this World heritage malarky and historic England, 2 minutes down the road on Princess dock is like Dubai, sky scrapers all over the gaff, right next to the Liver bird, full of chit if you ask me.
First picture is taken from in amongst all new buildings, plush apartments. 2nd picture is Princess Dock, part of it left to rot, are we really leaving the rest of the docks like the 2nd picture, get fcked with your historical bullchit.

View attachment 118068
View attachment 118069

2nd site is gonna be the new international cruise terminal.

Historic England, bunch of Kopites lad. Imagine objecting about a dock that nobody outside of Liverpool ever heard about before.. the only reason I've heard of it is because of Everton, I'd have never gone anywhere near the docks in Liverpool but will once the stadium is done.. historic England... you'd think we wanted to take down Stonehenge and use it as building materials.

I‘m thinking Dock infill......

I know that we’re rightly negative about the club because of its past failures, but if this does get built I genuinely think it will be the first time we’ve ever outmanoeuvred Liverpool at least in my lifetime. The benefits of location will be massive. We’re literally going to be blocking the waterfront view of Anfield. Every cruise boat that sails in will see our stadium, every visitor to the city centre will find it far easier to see our stadium. Our stadium will be used for nightlife all year round whilst theirs lies dormant when not in use. We’ll have the better transport links, the better infrastructure and facilities, we’ll be the most photogenic stadium in the league in terms of location and backdrop. The capacity is an oversight in my view as it could be bigger but from a strategic perspective I think this is massive for the club and a huge move towards reclaiming our place in the city.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back