New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's becoming clear that the RS are meddling here and have been getting into UNESCO's ear to try and stop the stadium going ahead. It's a disgrace because they won't succeed but it's backfired on the city by losing WHS.

There's no depths they won't sink to.
Whats it got to do with them?

The area needs redeveloping, we're doing that. Unesco can ram it.

If we were building some Eastern block eyesore in front of the Pier Head for example, then one could understand serious objections. Oh look

OIP.q_NwK7guMmcpb1ZXEyJDQgHaEK.jpg

This Wayne Colquhoun sounds like an interesting chap. Wonder how he can genuinely believe that leaving docks empty and derelict is better than seeing regeneration
Exactly, how leaving the docks fall to rack and ruin is surely a bigger problem. These heritage people always amaze me that they'd rather things fell apart than be rebuilt and sustained.

Exactly, how leaving the docks fall to rack and ruin is surely a bigger problem. These heritage people always amaze me that they'd rather things fell apart than be rebuilt and sustained.
Same going on with the old cinema in wavertree currently. People have campaigned to stop them turning it into a Lidl and now instead it has grade 2 listed status and it's nightmare to try and do anything with.

It's actually an ugly old building which is riddled with asbestos and a bit of an eyesore, when it could have been a really good low cost supermarket in a community that could really do with one.

In all for preserving stuff that's worth preserving, but protecting old stuff for the sake of it and impeding progress wrecks my head.

Imagine the city council chose to keep a label (world heritage) instead of a multi billion pound development, thousands of jobs and turning a brown field site, wasteland into a beautiful stadium with all the bars, hotels and restaurants accompanied with it.

World Heritage has zero value attached to it, especially in the current climate.

I mean, Coventry is capital of Culture...?

It's becoming clear that the RS are meddling here and have been getting into UNESCO's ear to try and stop the stadium going ahead. It's a disgrace because they won't succeed but it's backfired on the city by losing WHS.

There's no depths they won't sink to.
Don't be daft. It'd impact their legions of foreigners coming to the city. This UNESCO mess is all on Fat Joe and his cronies.

I do.
Easiest way is a very large net (the width of the entire dock) and weighted at the bottom. You then gradually drag it from the wall towards the river. All the fish are forced out and you keep the net in place until the walls are sealed.
But why not drag the net from the RIVER to the WALL and eat them. Its called - using your brain !