New Everton Stadium Discussion

Bill Kenwright said in the presentation of the stadium at the Titanic that £100 million of the £500 million total cost would be spent on infilling of the dock alone, so you could say the stadium build would be around the £400 million mark?
Yes, I think Colin Chong said it was £100m for infilling, raising and conserving quaysides and other heritage features etc, but said that was for a £5-600m total at the second consultation. So, not sure what the actual stadium construction cost is at BMD.

The Rotterdam stadium also includes some land reclamation, 10k more seats and still had a closing roof last time I looked at their proposals, all for approx £400m. That may be factoring in cross funding from neighbouring enabling schemes, which is a problem when making stadium cost comparisons.

Juan loosely translated: Where should we go this summer on holiday love?:

Juanette: How about Liverpool? Rich history working city in UK?

Juan: don’t be daft girl, it’s not a heritage site! No empty derelict docks, no Juan!

Good riddance. As it matters in the jeffing slightest. Who honestly plans anything with UNESCO in mind. People go to Liverpool because it’s Liverpool.

Inappropriate Language
How are Everton getting the blame for this? Liverpool were told in 2004 that proposed developments would affect it's heritage status. Nothing to do with Bramley Moor dock. The only article I found blaming Everton was from those red [Poor language removed] fanboys at the Mail. Has the rest of the media now decided they have someone to blame and are running with it being the fault of Everton?

Location doesn't win out. Accessibility and facilities do.

I agree our location is the best aesthetically but that isn't #1 on a promoters list. Manchester is much more accessible as a city unfortunatly.
City’s stadium has pretty tough noise restrictions e.g. decibel level as it is near to residential areas and finish time. I’ve only been to one concert there and the sound was poor.

UNESCO and English Heritage would rather see any historic buildings and landmarks crumble into dust than see any redevelopment. Nothing lasts forever. New developments and regeneration are the new heritage of the future.

How are Everton getting the blame for this? Liverpool were told in 2004 that proposed developments would affect it's heritage status. Nothing to do with Bramley Moor dock. The only article I found blaming Everton was from those red [Poor language removed] fanboys at the Mail. Has the rest of the media now decided they have someone to blame and are running with it being the fault of Everton?
The BBC article quotes one of the board of UNESCO blaming BMD and the Liverpool Waters Project .