New Everton Stadium Discussion

They've been doing work recently to Canning Dock next to Mann Island, think they were doing something with the gates. Anyway, I walk past almost daily and a couple of times it's been virtually empty as they opened the gates to the river at low tide and the water drained out. They just let the mersey fill it back up again afterwards.

You could do the same at BMD but they've chosen a different option and there's be sound engineering reasons for that no doubt. Jesse Hartley really was a genius.

Edit: found a picture
ExV0QvdWYAILPNM

Great pic that. Don't know why, I always thought they would be well deeper than that.

I didn't see it and back away from it. I ignored it. I dont gamble. Said that many times in the past.

The club official website being launched is called the Everton Stadium website.

The times they are a changin'.
If you are so certain then it's not a gamble.
Truth is you know it will still be referenced as Bramley-Moore Dock.

God bless.

I didn't see it and back away from it. I ignored it. I dont gamble. Said that many times in the past.

The club official website being launched is called the Everton Stadium website.

The times they are a changin'.

The site is Bramley Moore Dock, the project is the Everton Stadium.
It would in all honesty, be a bit odd naming the projects website after the site, rather than the project that the website is for, regardless of past history.

The site is Bramley Moore Dock, the project is the Everton Stadium.
It would in all honesty, be a bit odd naming the projects website after the site, rather than the project that the website is for, regardless of past history.
Indeed.

My point is they've been used interchangeably up to this point by lazy journalists and perhaps even the club...even the architect was using it:

https://meisstudio.com/everton-fc-bramleymoore-dock-stadium/yasqqvgyzel6mefm24c7z0fdlmh92r

It'll definitely be full every week.

Goodison is sold out consistently now, despite how crappy some of the restricted views are.

We currently have 31,500 season ticket holders - and a waiting list of a further 17,000. We could pretty much fill the new ground just with them. There's a huge appetite for Everton tickets, even without the bounce a new ground always brings.
A lot of premier league teams have crap away support so occasionally won't be full

Maybe, but it seems like a good way for the owners to start ijvesting in the entire dockland regeneration project

I think it's more likely we go back to spending like mad after its built
Yeah that’s a good point. Just need to remain somewhat competitive in the league until it’s built.

Wish it was up and running for Sunday.

But, cherish every single minute at Goodison.

All those memories, especially the good ones, and all our ancestors who have gone through the turnstiles before us.

Diane Abbott hates this post, and has told me it it is a 'romanticised Hovis Image' of an imagined past.