New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's the stadium thread not 'look what i googled' thread.

I didn't have to google anything actually.... but why would that be an issue? It's a discussion forum, and plenty of others post articles or videos. Do you only like facts and figures if it fits your narrative? When it doesn't It's "bore off" or name-calling or nonsense about ruining the thread?

Would you like me to bore you about dredgers....? I know quite a bit about those too that wouldn't require google, or perhaps join you in demanding Kenwrights departure on a stadium thread....?

I didn't have to google anything actually.... but why would that be an issue? It's a discussion forum, and plenty of others post articles or videos. Do you only like facts and figures if it fits your narrative? When it doesn't It's "bore off" or name-calling or nonsense about ruining the thread?

Would you like me to bore you about dredgers....? I know quite a bit about those too that wouldn't require google, or perhaps join you in demanding Kenwrights departure on a stadium thread....?
Tell me everything there is to know about dredgers.

I was talking to the groundsman on the steps at Goodison in July 1970 and he told me that we'd bought the church and were going
to knock it down and fill that space between the new stand and the Gwladys St.
I think the plan was to move the pitch towards the Park End and create more space for a new Gwladys but no idea how far that scheme went. I think this is why the Main Stand is strangely off-centre compared to the pitch.

I think the plan was to move the pitch towards the Park End and create more space for a new Gwladys but no idea how far that scheme went. I think this is why the Main Stand is strangely off-centre compared to the pitch.

Yes, the original idea was to have similar sized stands on all four sides. They had some problems with the mainstand construction and attendances dropped in the 70s, so the idea was shelved. Everton had bought up a lot of houses all around the ground over several decades. In the late 70s/early 80s these were revisited when John Moores commissioned designs, I think possibly with a view to all seater stadiums in the future, but again attendances plummeted.