New Everton Stadium Discussion

I read a few posts back that the external work is set to be world class and the internal basic fittings? I find that a bit concerning as surely the mock brickwork is a cheaper option - and the internals such as concourse and facilities should be world class?

The more I look the more the internal shots looks generic, only differentiation is that the north stand is smaller, which isn't exactly architecturally brilliant. I'm hoping in person when it's full it's similar to Juve's which looks amazing when full on TV.

Also as mentioned, for regulars who don't go the away games, I think it will be a shock to the system attending a stadium which is a lot more "open" and lacks the overlapping stands etc that Goodison has.

I read a few posts back that the external work is set to be world class and the internal basic fittings? I find that a bit concerning as surely the mock brickwork is a cheaper option - and the internals such as concourse and facilities should be world class?

The more I look the more the internal shots looks generic, only differentiation is that the north stand is smaller, which isn't exactly architecturally brilliant. I'm hoping in person when it's full it's similar to Juve's which looks amazing when full on TV.

Also as mentioned, for regulars who don't go the away games, I think it will be a shock to the system attending a stadium which is a lot more "open" and lacks the overlapping stands etc that Goodison has.
...apart from the design, which still looks like a leisure centre in a small town in the midlands.

...apart from the design, which still looks like a leisure centre in a small town in the midlands.

From a distance I think it will look great. But I remember seeing mock ups of the brickwork lattices etc and it looked very cheap up close.

I also hope they have plans for the huge glass area on the north stand - maybe light it up at night or at least have some complamentive graphics etc.

We are a mid table club and have been for over thirty years.

We simply were not an attractive proposition for investors because of the state of our ground , the state of our team and of course the success of our neighbours.
At least now the stadium issue is being addressed and Moshiri has tried to change the situation with the team as well but has made some very bad decisions...which I think he now recognises.

A successful period will bring young supporters back to Everton and that will not happen overnight.

Let's just call the whole thing off.

But seriously I have to agree with BR the digital interior looks extremely generic. Like I posted about the Amex.

I think the 'overhang' will be sorely missed for the feel of Goodison.

And for those that complain about the views from the back of the LGS for example. Erm, it's not a desire to replicate the letterbox view. It's just about building overlapping stands. Which could have been done.

How did fans at the recent visit to Chelsea find the view? Threw in AR stand as another example. Why can this not be the North Stand?

chelsea-stadium.jpg
LAR.jpg

I suspect you're referring to my post, so it's probably best I clarify bits. Compared to Goodison's facilities, it will be a major step up so that is a positive.

There'll be more space on the concourses for bars and food outlets; there'll be more flexibility in terms of hospitality both in size, variety and quantity.

But, it's unlikely to be anywhere near NWHL in terms of the quality and quantity of facilities for the general fan base, let alone those paying for hospitality.

We're unlikely to even be talking about the quality of the Emirates and perhaps, sadly, even the new stand which that shower have built.

People can believe this or not, it's up to them, but this comes from a good few sources who've said the same thing - costing is going on the location and prep.

If you're over 6ft 2" in height or a bigger frame, it's going to be tight too, which some may favour, but we'll see. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to BMD.

Yet, we need to be realistic in terms of what we're getting for the price when you consider how the location (and its costs) will impact on the final product.

It will look brilliant once it's built and in a super location, but the fixture and fittings really aren't going to match it; still, that doesn't mean it won't be great.

On another note, I think I'll definitely be aiming to sit behind a goal where the atmosphere will be best.

Everton would be better presenting itself as what it's always really been: a north end of Liverpool football club. We have never been that well represented all over Liverpool, and ccertainly not in the south end IIRC, when the Kirkby fiasco was mooted a transpoertation study prsented a map of where the season ticket holders of the club resided: it was overwhelmingly in north Liverpool.

In the outskirts, in places like Huyton, Halewood and Kirkby, the north enders who went out there brought with them their football affiliations and we had great support in the hinterland. However, historic Kopite success and appalling Everton club governance on a number of issues has fractured that support out in those areas so now we are, broadly speaking, a north end club...and vying with Liverpool for supremacy even here in our heartland.

The stadium in Vauxhall at least hands us a chance to consolidate in the north end and build out from there in time when we get trophy success again...and we will...because nothing stays the same forever, even football elites...as we know only too well.
Dave;
When I grew up kicking a ball about on Garston Park it was 50/50. It held pretty much through the 70s, but you could see the decline, the 80s helped, though its been down hill ever since, that I can't dispute, but the decline wasn't due to lack of south end support.

So don't be giving me any of that only a North L'pool Club Horrocks (Avenue)

I suspect you're referring to my post, so it's probably best I clarify bits. Compared to Goodison's facilities, it will be a major step up so that is a positive.

There'll be more space on the concourses for bars and food outlets; there'll be more flexibility in terms of hospitality both in size, variety and quantity.

But, it's unlikely to be anywhere near NWHL in terms of the quality and quantity of facilities for the general fan base, let alone those paying for hospitality.

We're unlikely to even be talking about the quality of the Emirates and perhaps, sadly, even the new stand which that shower have built.

People can believe this or not, it's up to them, but this comes from a good few sources who've said the same thing - costing is going on the location and prep.

If you're over 6ft 2" in height or a bigger frame, it's going to be tight too, which some may favour, but we'll see. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to BMD.

Yet, we need to be realistic in terms of what we're getting for the price when you consider how the location (and its costs) will impact on the final product.

It will look brilliant once it's built and in a super location, but the fixture and fittings really aren't going to match it; still, that doesn't mean it won't be great.

On another note, I think I'll definitely be aiming to sit behind a goal where the atmosphere will be best.

The Principality's fixtures and fittings are as basic as they come, Wembley's looks like a luxury hotel in comparison but there aren't too many that would say the vastly more expensive stadium is a step up. Location and views from the stands are what counts, the rest just has to be functional.

I think we are fairly lucky that the outside isn't just a generic new build.

The Principality's fixtures and fittings are as basic as they come, Wembley's looks like a luxury hotel in comparison but there aren't too many that would say the vastly more expensive stadium is a step up. Location and views from the stands are what counts, the rest just has to be functional.

Aye, I agree hence the remark that all the above that I mentioned doesn't mean it won't be a great stadium; genuinely, I hope it is.

In reality, the lack of overhang and perhaps closeness to the pitch (angle or steepness) are my only real concerns in terms of what the atmosphere will be like.

My point was, perhaps not best put, was that some people are talking about a world class stadium in terms of everything - the atmosphere; facilities, the lot.

Whereas, apart from locations it may be a very good stadium but basic in some or other aspects.

Dave;
When I grew up kicking a ball about on Garston Park it was 50/50. It held pretty much through the 70s, but you could see the decline, the 80s helped, though its been down hill ever since, that I can't dispute, but the decline wasn't due to lack of south end support.

So don't be giving me any of that only a North L'pool Club Horrocks (Avenue)
In pockets of places that would have been the case, defo. Liverpool were a decent sized club up to the 50s but Everton were the Merseyside giants. Of course our support would come from across the city. But it's always been concentrated in the north end. Vauxhall, Scotland Road, Kirkdale, Everton...those districts were wall to wall blue.

The Principality is a far superior ground to Wembley imo. Been to both a fair few times now and whilst the sheer scale of the Wembley is impressive the rest of it is just meh and soulless.