New Everton Stadium Discussion

That’s great, where’s that from?

I remember hearing that they’d very much designed with wind in mind, and that they modified the wind baffles around the ground as part of the final design tweaks.

I’d love a proper documentary or something about all of this stuff.
The results (graphs) of the wind tests were released earlier in the consultation process. It resulted in the original change in design where the multi-storey car park was incorporated into the west side of the main building, with sheltered pedestrian access underneath and the windbreakers added along the outside of the south stand.

That design was subsequently revised again, with the car park removed but the stepped approach to the west stand included - with sheltered access underneath.

The graphs of wind movement showed the inside of the stadium to be fairly well protected by the high enclosed roof, and minimal wind impact at pitch level.

The results (graphs) of the wind tests were released earlier in the consultation process. It resulted in the original change in design where the multi-storey car park was incorporated into the west side of the main building, with sheltered pedestrian access underneath and the windbreakers added along the outside of the south stand.

That design was subsequently revised again, with the car park removed but the stepped approach to the west stand included - with sheltered access underneath.

The graphs of wind movement showed the inside of the stadium to be fairly well protected by the high enclosed roof, and minimal wind impact at pitch level.
That last paragraph is promising. I think that’s what we’ve all been a bit worried about… but I guess the proof will be in the pudding on the first windy matchday!

One MP did name drop Usmanov in the list of other people who should be expelled. It's going to put us in a difficult position potentially, but some things are bigger than football.

Whiter than white is Margaret Hodge :

As is the current cesspit of a government:

That's what I'm thinking amongst all the fog surrounding this whole issue at the moment.
The comments about the steel coming from USM were definitely mentioned. Then Laing's said the steel would be sourced from the UK .

I think the steel rumour was a 1+1=3 thing before it was even decided we would build there.

Again I'm just going on distant memories but didn't someone point out that they make the wrong type of steel to be used in this project anyway?

That last paragraph is promising. I think that’s what we’ve all been a bit worried about… but I guess the proof will be in the pudding on the first windy matchday!
I don't think wind at pitch level should be a concern. These enclosed modern stadia with high roof canopies are rarely impacted by wind.

Boris?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is up to his tonsils in Russian money and influence. He won't impose any tough sanctions unless his position becomes untenable.

As for us let's see this crack board come up with sponsorships outside of USM and Megafon, which they should have been doing regardless.
If I said Johnson , some would have wondered who I was on about ?? Job done. Thanks for the info tho !

Whiter than white is Margaret Hodge :

As is the current cesspit of a government:

I think all this murky stuff, and the populist nature of this government is a huge reason why Usmanov and Abramovich should be worried.

The UK government will want to look tough on Russia to a domestic audience.

Abramovich and Usmanov being sanctioned would make big headlines here at home, because plenty of people have heard of them. There's also the cheap boost that will give fans of the other 18 clubs to see 2 major benefactors suffer.

Most of the Tories got nice big fat envelopes and wire transfers when the very close ties to Putin Russians started coming to London weeks after Cameron took office, buying influence pays well.

The Tories are swimming in Oligarch money, it's not surprising to see the Oligarchs with interests in the UK untouched.

Abramovich and Usmanov don't even spend much time in the UK, what's the point in sanctioning them.

Boris?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is up to his tonsils in Russian money and influence. He won't impose any tough sanctions unless his position becomes untenable.

As for us let's see this crack board come up with sponsorships outside of USM and Megafon, which they should have been doing regardless.

Boris lies every time he opens his mouth as well. His words mean nothing. He won't touch the Russians.

He likes to bluster for a newspaper headline but in reality won't do anything.