New Everton Stadium Discussion

USM are still sponsoring FF etc. so why can't they still buy the naming rights...
Reputational damage is the only immediate answer, although I'd be astonished if USM and the other entities he controls aren't pulled in to the sanctions regime eventually.

Given how fast other teams and the governing bodies are pulling away from Kremlin linked sponsorship i find it difficult to see how we can do anything other than dump USM. The whole thing will become an impossible distraction otherwise.

Reputational damage is the only immediate answer, although I'd be astonished if USM and the other entities he controls aren't pulled in to the sanctions regime eventually.

Given how fast other teams and the governing bodies are pulling away from Kremlin linked sponsorship i find it difficult to see how we can do anything other than dump USM. The whole thing will become an impossible distraction otherwise.
As soon as Abramovich distanced himself from Chelsea (and to a lesser extent today Schalke tear up their Gazprom links) I knew we were in trouble.

I'll say this: if - as looks likely - this new stadium doesn't get built, we are finished as a top flight club.

Not just revenue wise but also morale wise and the dashing of the dreams of a generation of fans.

We are going to be floored by any decision to mothball this. It was our only feasible way forward and if it's denied us then we will fall away dramatically and tumble through the divisions.

This could be the beginning of the end for us.
I agree. This next couple of months are the biggest in our clubs history. Get relegated and we are done. This just ramps up the pressure and darkens the mood even further

Why should he stop this ? Forgot whats happening in the Ukraine from what I’ve heard a lot of people in the construction have little faith in this project long before Putin decided to invade The Ukraine.

if we mess this up the club will be finished
Because he’s never wanted the stadium in the first place, if it goes he’ll be first in line to say ‘I told you so’

Because it’s wild eyed speculation without substance, ‘I’ve heard this’ ‘my confident would kill me’ etc.
ok mate let’s just smear the names of people in the construction game who have said things in confidence just to please some username on a forum called Stevie who I don’t personally know .

ok mate let’s just smear the names of people in the construction game who have said things in confidence just to please some username on a forum called Stevie who I don’t personally know .
Or let’s just wait to see what actually happens, right now it’s smacks of people desperate to see it fail just to have a dig at the club