New Everton Stadium Discussion

Quoting this from 2016 after finding it on Google;

Have the club made ref to any effort/the smell of sewage?

Bloody hell, thats a find. I dont drive down there anymore due to work, however like the poster above, I did remember something being said about the smell is due to a process which they wont carry out during match time/day.

Great for us but im not sure the residents of the Tobacco warehouse, Titanic hotel or any other residential buildings will appreciate it as much!

It was dreadful some days in the summer when it was warm.

We lived in Wulstan St back in the day and the smell was a nightmare!

My Old Man said it was a factory processing " bones etc" from dead animals for use in other products, was proper bad in the Summer months.

Must admit if it was sewage, never heard it mentioned, always assumed my Dad was *right!

*wadda a mistake to make on so many occasions lol!

When I was down there yesterday doing my footage I noticed smells from all the way down regent road from as far back as Miller's bridge.
Think it's a mixture of the chemicals and oil businesses, along with the water treatment site. I must admit, during all my visits I've hardly noticed it up until yesterday

When I was down there yesterday doing my footage I noticed smells from all the way down regent road from as far back as Miller's bridge.
Think it's a mixture of the chemicals and oil businesses, along with the water treatment site. I must admit, during all my visits I've hardly noticed it up until yesterday
Yeah it doesn’t always stink down there. When it does tho it’s bad. I think it’s worse during the summer when it’s hot.

There was also a very different, distinct smell (not horrible but not great either) further down the dock road towards bootle. Not quite sure what that was and if its still there as I havent drove down there for a couple of years now. I think someone suggested it was molasses but I dont know - I just remember the smell.

The raw sewage smell wasnt every night but it was often enough! As long as they dont do it on matchdays we should be ok. Assuming the same would apply for any events we hold too.

Yeah it doesn’t always stink down there. When it does tho it’s bad. I think it’s worse during the summer when it’s hot.

100%. I cant remember smelling it in the winter to be fair but maybe as the car windows stayed closed or it dissapated in the weather. The summer was bad though.

Also, I hope we put a massive wall inbetween the ground and the sewage plant - or some massive trees. Dont want people seeing that lurking over them as they are mingling around the ground