New Everton Stadium Discussion

The first phase of the plans includes a brand-new North Stand connecting into Trinity Stand, and enhancements to the existing Trinity Stand which will see capacity for the stadium increase to over 50,000.

Not like you to bend the truth to fit an agenda Dave.

He needs to find out, if there‘s any wind turbines near by, how high it is and what pattern the brick work is first.

Also, where the nearest Orange Lodge Memorial Hall is and whether there’s any unsightly, pesky listed walls nearby too.

The first phase of the plans includes a brand-new North Stand connecting into Trinity Stand, and enhancements to the existing Trinity Stand which will see capacity for the stadium increase to over 50,000.

Not like you to bend the truth to fit an agenda Dave.
Sp 'planning to take the stadium to 60,000' was not right then?

I think we should of had a 60k Stadium. People have doubts we wouldn’t fill it. I think we would especially if we ever became good on the pitch again.

Same - although Im more bothered about the quality of the build both internal and external than of the capacity tbh.

Would rather a 53k BMD that looks boss than a say 58k Oylmpic Stadium that is awful inside.

Anfield and Villa Parks extensions both look poor externally imo.

Was looking at those renderings earlier.

Whole thing looks a bit hotch potch, a bit like our neighbours.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. There should be symmetry. But the issue is capcity: that club has the ambition to get to 60,000...which for most of the large supported claubs in the PL that has to be the minimum...only reached for us by a belief that safe standing can do it.

Same - although Im more bothered about the quality of the build both internal and external than of the capacity tbh.

Would rather a 53k BMD that looks boss than a say 58k Oylmpic Stadium that is awful inside.

Anfield and Villa Parks extensions both look poor externally imo.
Oh, I agree. I've said that on this thread years ago when the deal was announced.

But we have to have the ability to go bigger.

Oh, I agree. I've said that on this thread years ago when the deal was announced.

But we have to have the ability to go bigger.

I'm suprised we haven't tried tapping into the students that come to the city to study.

3x Uni's + Edge Hill down the road and there is big potential to attract and convert young future Blues there with pay at the gate tickets.

For me we focus too much on season ticket holders which is great - but like you and others have said we could have pushed slightly higher and aimed those seats at students and those fans who dont have a season ticket.