Couple of pics from earlier.

Attachments

• IMG20220702122811~2.jpg
    IMG20220702122811~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG20220702120855~2.jpg
    IMG20220702120855~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
True, but don't forget to remind them we were bigger than them for the previous 90 years. Another 40 years we can a call it a draw.
I think it was closer than we give credit for.
When we won our 7th title in glorious style during 69 /70 we equalled the RS who were also on 7.
We bettered them in FA successes by 3 to 1
I think the false sense of inferiority was skilfully fostered by Shankly to drive his team on.

I think it's called a thermal wall behind them are non perforated sheets.

Probably wrong but I seen this somewhere on TV.
I was thinking about this that they must be sealed otherwise it would be freezing.

Do we know if the main entrance is now moved to above the steps as if it is on ground level it'll have next to no naural light. Would look very odd as the main reception point.

I think it was closer than we give credit for.
When we won our 7th title in glorious style during 69 /70 we equalled the RS who were also on 7.
We bettered them in FA successes by 3 to 1
I think the false sense of inferiority was skilfully fostered by Shankly to drive his team on.

They'd always been the second team. Won the FA Cup for the first time in the 1960's, 60 years after we did. Remember there were only 2 trophies to play for for most of the history of football. Smaller stadium,smaller crowds, far fewer international players. No contest.

They're building upon an already iconic stadium and giving it HUGE facilities for visiting fans home and away.

They have the benefit of their tourist fans spending £100 average each in the club shop.

We're getting a smaller capacity stadium with nothing to suggest it will have anything like they have expanded on. Their new main stand and anfield road end are bigger than what we're doing.

The anfield road end was always like our gwladys st end but now it's gonna be a huge double decker with a jar 100m of concourse / hospitality behind it.

We're gonna be left behind.
cropped-58655491_2381155358771579_8959443131124678656_n.jpg

@davek keep an eye on this one my son.

God bless.

I heard an American sports finance guru on a podcast saying that if an American buyout of the club was to take place they would most likely separate the new stadium and the club so as the club did not own the stadium but leased it at a reduced rate from a separate company owned by the same group who owned the club?

Probably get loads of stick here but I think it looks decent, sadly. (On the inside, outside is atrocious)
If you get stick for it, ignore it.

You're allowed to like it.

It just looks odd to me. If they were going to have the corner without seats they could at least do something interesting with it.

No doubt it will end up plastered with witty banners.

I heard an American sports finance guru on a podcast saying that if an American buyout of the club was to take place they would most likely separate the new stadium and the club so as the club did not own the stadium but leased it at a reduced rate from a separate company owned by the same group who owned the club?
Is that common in American sports ?

If you get stick for it, ignore it.

You're allowed to like it.

It just looks odd to me. If they were going to have the corner without seats they could at least do something interesting with it.

No doubt it will end up plastered with witty banners.
Just think it looks quite intimidating to be honest, two huge home ends, plus I like a ‘square’ ground rather than the bowls of today.

Why not given the position we are in.
For every good game we have their stock and confidence rises.
Can't get any worse than last season, and without giving them a chance how will you ever know if you have a few unpolished diamonds
Youngsters tends to be fearless too, might upset a few teams
Go ed