New Everton Stadium

Great progress being made . My photo below is June 8th 2021. Sorry it's a bit dark but it was a poor day..

Attachments

• BMD 2021.webp
    BMD 2021.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 186
I've got a question about the Goodison legacy I'm sure it's been mused over by a fair few. Is there any reason why the womens team and other teams can't
play there? Instead of Walton Hall Pk and Southport? That is after Goodison is demolished build non-league stands around the pitch and build houses etc around that. Surely that is a better end result? Still plenty of land to develop.

I did want to find a thread but they've been closed off ?

I've got a question about the Goodison legacy I'm sure it's been mused over by a fair few. Is there any reason why the womens team and other teams can't
play there? Instead of Walton Hall Pk and Southport? That is after Goodison is demolished build non-league stands around the pitch and build houses etc around that. Surely that is a better end result? Still plenty of land to develop.

Maybe the temptation for Kopites to torch it would be too strong.

When we were asked for feedback I said pretty much that. It also could have been the Liverpool FA HQ with all amateur finals played there kind of like a Wembley. They've decided on a different option anyway now.

When we were asked for feedback I said pretty much that. It also could have been the Liverpool FA HQ with all amateur finals played there kind of like a Wembley. They've decided on a different option anyway now.

Yep. That is a disappointment for me. They could have kept the Gwladys and Bullens, took off all that Bill Kenwright nonsense cladding, put it back to the brick and maybe even put some terracing back there. They still could have built loads of community stuff by knocking down the Gooodison Road and Park End. Shame they didn't give it consideration. There again until we move they might reconsider.

…I imagine the maintenance & upkeep of an old stadium like Goodison is prohibitive. Probably much cheaper to hire Southport or Walton Hall.

…I imagine the maintenance & upkeep of an old stadium like Goodison is prohibitive. Probably much cheaper to hire Southport or Walton Hall.

Not quite what I mean, we're talking complete demolition and basically building a basic non-league ground. Haven't Man City got one at the side of their ground?

This is so incredible to watch it being built.

I just really hope it rejuvenates the immediate area around it with small business popping up businesses already there thriving.

Other than The Bramley Moore who should really be planning an extension, where’s the next nearest pub?

There’s a couple on Stanley road? Any closer?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back