New Everton Stadium Discussion

If rail seating isn’t allowed, it’s difficult to expand the stadium. It may be possible to add to the north stand. The rest looks difficult.

Rail seating is allowed! Some grounds this season. BMD is having sections of rail seating behind both goals.

I think you're referring to the ratio which will be 1:1. This won't change the capacity.

Besides, it would mean havin 20,000 standing (safe standing) for us to hit 62,000. 10,000 seats at an ambitious 1:2 ratio. Any less ratio would mean
more and more standing. I don't think it's a percentage that would work in this day and age.

Ideally we need an extra tier on the west and east stands.

Rail seating is allowed! Some grounds this season. BMD is having sections of rail seating behind both goals.

I think you're referring to the ratio which will be 1:1. This won't change the capacity.

Besides, it would mean havin 20,000 standing (safe standing) for us to hit 62,000. 10,000 seats at an ambitious 1:2 ratio. Any less ratio would mean
more and more standing. I don't think it's a percentage that would work in this day and age.

Ideally we need an extra tier on the west and east stands.
Looking at the structures where the east and west stands are being built, they jut out beyond the seating. If it hasn’t been designed for a future tier, then it will never be possible to expand that way.
The only stand that looks possible to expand is the north stand.

Looking at the structures where the east and west stands are being built, they jut out beyond the seating. If it hasn’t been designed for a future tier, then it will never be possible to expand that way.
The only stand that looks possible to expand is the north stand.
Yeah, they'd have to rip the roof apart spoiling the very design of it. And if those additional tiers aren't overlapping to a degree then they're gonna be a long way away from the pitch. Buy some air rights over the UU site and expand the North backwards looks the obvious upgrade but would there be enough room there for the additional seats/facilities while keeping it open for circulation?

There just seems no easy way of increasing capacity except for the standing ratios.

Yeah, they'd have to rip the roof apart spoiling the very design of it. And if those additional tiers aren't overlapping to a degree then they're gonna be a long way away from the pitch. Buy some air rights over the UU site and expand the North backwards looks the obvious upgrade but would there be enough room there for the additional seats/facilities while keeping it open for circulation?

There just seems no easy way of increasing capacity except for the standing ratios.
I think they just said it could be expanded by 10k to quieten down the fume

Point is they can do it as the original designs did have a 60k ground with bigger stands.

The fact they didn’t was probably a mixture of cost and possibly objections to the build which I know because of Heritage England they lowered the roof height to mitigate in a modified planning application.

There's a bit of a gap from the north stand to the boundary.. hard to judge but the concourse could go back a bit, as could some more seats without encroaching on their land.

There are some beautiful old buildings in the area. Between the Titanic hotel, the tobacco warehouse, 'our' hydraulic tower, that proposed new restaurant, the dockers clock, and the docks themselves (along with new buildings), there is scope to make it a really nice district (Could be really amazing neighbourhood in 10-20 years).
Worth a punt on a residential property then, esp with stamp duty scrapped upto a certain purchase price.
Could be a future new GOT thread to go hand in hand with spare tickets, Match day rental :)

20220927_190539.jpg
20220927_190546.jpg
20220927_190553.jpg
20220927_190632.jpg
20220927_190751.jpg
20220927_190804.jpg
20220927_190926.jpg

Just been down to break up my boredom. Not the best light for pics but hey ho